What's In Your IPod?

Bishop

What type of music do you listen to during your 15, 10, and 5 cycles? Please post here!
smile.gif

I used to work out with an iPod.
It has become a distraction so I stopped.

I don't as yet take my iPod but I have been thinking about it because some of the music they play at the gym I go to is so, err.... not good!
smile.gif

I did wonder whether it would prove to be a bit of a distraction though, like Dr Pierre has found. If I did use it I think I would stick to some instrumental stuff. Probably a Joe Satriani compilation.

Satch on iTunes

Usually something heavy. I actually don't like wearing it while lifting, but the alternative is to have the techno crap that my gym plays driving me in insane the whole time, LOL.

As far as types of music though, it really depends on my mood. Usually something along the lines of Metallica, Manson, White Zombie, to Audio Slave, Soundgarden etc.

Cardio is a different matter, and I can listen to anything from the above, to Saturday Night Fever stuff, hehe. (Yeah, I've got a pretty varied taste in music).
biggrin.gif

The music in our gym is crap so I have a bit of rap on, all that **** about killn people, gets me syked up.

And of course I have ever rocky soundtrack!!!

yes the music is **** in my gym,
sad.gif
but I have learned to tune it out.
if you workout with high enough intensity, you forget it anyway.

I don't have an IPod, but I have an mp3 player. I like to listen to Nine Inch Nails a lot when working out, or stuff like Rammstein, Tool, etc, but mostly Nine Inch Nails.

I need to get a MP3 player...but if I had a choice...I would have movie soundtracks such as Conan the Barbarian especially on heavy days!
smile.gif

Here are some songs that get me pumped up:

Slipknot - people=****
Senses Fail - Bite To Break Skin
Slipknot - Pulse of the Maggots
Celldweller - One Good Reason
Rammstein - Sonne
Hatebreed - This Is Now (this is my deadlifting song)
Celldweller - Shapeshifter
Rammstein - Keine Lust (Clawfinger remix)

However I'm going to workout next time listening to Cascada, it's dance music
laugh.gif

Not surprised by all the heavy rock, but on my mp3 player right now is a bunch of stuff:

System of a Down
Arctic Monkeys
Pearl Jam
Kanye West
Mudvayne
T.I.
Yellowcard
Nine Inch Nails
Blink 182
Billy Joel
U2

to name a few

Queen

ACDC, gets me pumped everytime!

Dream Theater, Metallica, Senses Fail, Disturbed

I grabbed an I-Pod Shuffle so I just filled it up with songs and when I find a song that doesn't cut it in the gym atmosphere, I replace it with something else.

Right now I cant stop listening to Avenged Sevenfold, they are my 2nd favorite band besides TOOL.
biggrin.gif
If you like some HEAVY, HARDCORE stuff get Waking The Fallen, their latest album City of Evil is more metal but equally good...BTW I'm going to the Tool concert in Vegas in May, so excited!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I went to a Tool concert in 96. It was very good. They do a very good show. Maynard came out dressed in a white suit with a hairpiece and did a whole southern baptist priest type bit. He started out saying "Ya'll ready to do the Lord's work tonight?" and it went on from there. Then he finally said "f*ck this suit is hot" and stripped down to shorts. They played a lot of stuff from Aenima, a few things from Undertow... all in all, it was one of the best concerts I've been to. The only concerts that I've been to that were better were The Cure and Nine Inch Nails, so it should be well worth the money spent.

I just went through my Ipod and got anything that was pretty upbeat (whether pop/rock/dance/whatever) and put it in a gym playlist.

What I really want to do though is use an audio splitter to put together a combination of tunes that lasts about 20 mins and changes every 1min/2mins in synch with my interval training.

That way I can have something that really gets me going during the sprints and more chilled out music during the slow periods...plus I won't have to check out the time as the music will let me know when to start/stop for each interval.

Cheers

Rob

Doris Day’s Greatest hits
The Best of Barbra (Streisand)
Wayne Newton
The Carpenters
Air Supply
Michael Bolton
Yanni
“the sun will come out tomorrow” from Annie (only for squats)

Cheers Bob
biggrin.gif

Back