What's your FAVORITE part of the HST cycle?

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_etothepii
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_etothepii

So which part of the full HST cycle is your favorite?

I voted for 10s. I don't like the feeling of the burn in the 15s, and there is no growth there for me. The 5s start taking too long, and joint and muscle pain creeps in. Post 5s is the most painful for me.

The 10s are very comfortable, workouts aren't too long, and I am growing well in that phase.

<div>
(etothepii @ Aug. 24 2006,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I voted for 10s. I don't like the feeling of the burn in the 15s, and there is no growth there for me. The 5s start taking too long, and joint and muscle pain creeps in. Post 5s is the most painful for me.

The 10s are very comfortable, workouts aren't too long, and I am growing well in that phase.</div>
I agree for the exact reasons. Plus, I seem to grow better during the 10's. My favorite rep ranges previously was 5, because that is more or less what I was used to. Now, however, my joints get too sore.

I voted for the SD part.
smile.gif

Keystone

10s also...

15s take the longest, do feel a great pump but too damn weak, see my muscles pop back to normal at the end

10s take responable time, get a pump and feel strong, little growth

5s responable time as well, pump only when do a drop set, feel strong, but so tiring and too much effort and work! but the best growth i see is here for me.

post 5's, i rarely do, whenever i do i dont see growth and i feel im overtraining at this point, get a good pump though, but usually throw off the start of my next cycle by being overtrained and not wanted to lift

SDs i love for the first 5 days after 5's, but then i start to get a craving to lift again. i see negative growth so i hate that haha

10's are the happy balance i love

I've tweaked my program for a 15,11-12,8-9,and 6's. My favorite is the eights. I did this because I seem lately to respond better to the higher reps.

I'm with Tot, ther's no feeling like a heavy workout! The Negs are good too, but I never have a dedicated enough partner to do them as they should be so...I settle for second best!
wink.gif

<div>
(etothepii @ Aug. 24 2006,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I voted for 10s. I don't like the feeling of the burn in the 15s, and there is no growth there for me. The 5s start taking too long, and joint and muscle pain creeps in. Post 5s is the most painful for me.

The 10s are very comfortable, workouts aren't too long, and I am growing well in that phase.</div>
agree 100%. however, there is a nice glytcogen increase during the 15s.

Back