Who are the avanced HSTers?

MOD

Back in the day I remember Blade was a big guy. Who are the advanced HSTers now? Can someone post up links to their logs?

Thanks.

grunt and tunnelrat are 2 people i know with great knowledge about HST maybe they could help with whatever u need :)

Depends on what exactly you mean by advanced HSTers.

Someone that has uses HST as their primary training method, has made significant changes in their physique/strength using HST and bench/squat/deadlift's above 300/400/500lbs (and continues to make progress).

Basically I want to know who are the big guys using HST and what changes are they making to the system to continue to make progress.

I appreciate XORN’s shout but I would also say that Totentanz and LOL are the most experienced and have made the most progress.

Someone that has uses HST as their primary training method, has made significant changes in their physique/strength using HST and bench/squat/deadlift's above 300/400/500lbs (and continues to make progress).

Basically I want to know who are the big guys using HST and what changes are they making to the system to continue to make progress.

I think too many people get caught up in the numbers when it comes to HST. I mean yes they are important in structuring your routine and can be useful to gauge progress to a degree. But really, the whole point of HST is hypertrophy and not strength gains. I'd assume, if strength gains were of main concern. Then a power lifting program like 5/3/1 would be more appropriate.

Well there are several people here who are very familiar with the system and whom I would trust to give advice. Some names right off the top of my head - grunt, tunnelrat - both fairly active people who know their stuff. There are others who are not quite as active but definitely know their stuff. Now if you want to know about people who have been doing this for a very long time and are still around on this place from time to time, then yeah maybe myself or Lol, but there are other people here too who are worth listening to.

But if you just want to know about customizations or changes made by some of us who have been doing it for a while, check out some of the logs. I've personally done a lot of tinkering with HST over the last couple years in order to be able to continue making progress. I probably detailed it in my log, but be warned that I do not update my log that often because it really is kind of dry and bland for me to log every workout these days. I mostly try to log sporadic workouts and mostly when I hit goals or decide to change things. The main thing I have changed is that instead of doing fullbody three times a week, I do a three way split and lift four times a week. You can see my PRs in my signature. As for continuing to make progress... well these days it is very slow and steady but I'm almost maxed out for a natural so unless I start seeking other avenues, that's pretty much the way of things at this point in the game - progress does not come quickly anymore no matter how much you tinker with the plan.
I'm nowhere near Blade's size though. Speaking of Blade, have you heard of his system called Myo-reps? It is based on HST and is essentially a customization of HST that many of us here have played with.

Thanks for your reply Totentaz. I just read about Myo-Reps and it was an interesting read, similar to DC but with a focus on the muscle instead of the CNS.

I'll explain why I have decided to try HST again after all these years.

I've used Max-OT about 90% of the time for the past 8 years or so. I have responded well to the low volume, train hard, focus on strength gains approach. However, I do not feel my strength gains match my overall size. It's like my muscles have become so resistant to strain that I am not getting the "equivalent growth" had my muscles been deconditioned and progressively loaded in set increments HST style. Furthermore, it is hard to continue to make progress training all out, and hoping for the best... regardless the tweaks in volume and frequency, I think I'm at a point where I need to plan my progression.

Here are some of my stats and recent lifts:
BW: 175lbs
BF: 12% or so

Dec Bench: 285 2x5
BB Row: 325 2x5
Squat: 285 2x5

I've uploaded a photo as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm hoping HST will let me squeeze out some extra growth from my existing level strength as well as help plan my progression so that I'm not just training all-out all the time.

Thanks for your reply Totentaz. I just read about Myo-Reps and it was an interesting read, similar to DC but with a focus on the muscle instead of the CNS.

I'll explain why I have decided to try HST again after all these years.

I've used Max-OT about 90% of the time for the past 8 years or so. I have responded well to the low volume, train hard, focus on strength gains approach. However, I do not feel my strength gains match my overall size. It's like my muscles have become so resistant to strain that I am not getting the "equivalent growth" had my muscles been deconditioned and progressively loaded in set increments HST style. Furthermore, it is hard to continue to make progress training all out, and hoping for the best... regardless the tweaks in volume and frequency, I think I'm at a point where I need to plan my progression.

Here are some of my stats and recent lifts:
BW: 175lbs
BF: 12% or so

Dec Bench: 285 2x5
BB Row: 325 2x5
Squat: 285 2x5

I'm hoping HST will let me squeeze out some extra growth from my existing level strength as well as help plan my progression so that I'm not just training all-out all the time.

I've attached a photo of where I'm currently at size wise.

Attachments

• MMmed.jpg
    MMmed.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 25
However, I do not feel my strength gains match my overall size. It's like my muscles have become so resistant to strain that I am not getting the "equivalent growth" had my muscles been deconditioned and progressively loaded in set increments HST style.

Bingo...!!

Back