Who said 15's felt like nothing?

colby2152

I'm proud to say I enjoyed my first day on HST. :) I have constantly seen people bash the first few workouts of 15's. Maybe I did something wrong.. or maybe I did it exactly right??

I'm not going to go through my exercises again, but I did 1 set for each (9 exercises.) I set it up so my Day 1 is 70% of my 15RM. I performed them slow and meticulously while doing loaded stretches when possible. By the way my SD lasted 11 days.

I don't know if you should be doing loaded stretches during the 15s... might give the repeated bout effect more speed in catching up with your loading.
Correct freely if I'm wrong.

I'm not so sure about the relation of loaded stretches to the RBE, but I wouldn't bother doing them during the 15's either. The purpose of the 15's is to flush the muscles with lactic acid. Vicious has mentioned in his customization thread that this stage should represent the most primitive form of your routine.

today is going to be my second workout with HST..dang enjoid the first on monday...I tried to do my reps slowly,and I defenetly find that workout effective,specially my shoulders and legs felt the power os HST

I'm sure I will love this routine

in case somebody askes,here is my routine

Workout A/Workout B
Squat/leg press
leg curls/stiff leg deads
incline bench/bench press with DB
Cable Close Grip Pulldown/Dumbbell Bent-over Row
shrugs
Dumbbell Lateral Raise/shoulder press
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise
EZ barbell curl/DB curl
Cable Pushdown/Barbell Lying Triceps Extension
Lever 45° Calf Press
Sit Ups

any comments?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rovi @ June 29 2005,12:52)]I don't know if you should be doing loaded stretches during the 15s... might give the repeated bout effect more speed in catching up with your loading.
Correct freely if I'm wrong.
You're right.. I did read about that in vicious' "Pimp my HST" book. I won't do them until the late 10's then. Nevertheless I did the reps slowly and got somewhat of a burn sensation, so I know I am getting the most I should be getting out of my workout.

Back