Why 15?s

newpers

I am about to start working out again and have decided to do HST again. Last time went well. I just remember hating to do 15's. I'm extremely skinny with very little fat. Can I just change 15's to 12's? So, I'd be doing 12/10/5. Of course, I'm looking to bulk and have already started eating like crazy.

If you are going to change the 15s to 12s, why even bother doing them at all? Skip them this time and extend your 10s and 5s to 3 weeks each, and see how that goes. If you notice any joint pain toward the end of your cycle, then you should definitely add the 15s back in next time.

If you are going to change the 15s to 12s, why even bother doing them at all? Skip them this time and extend your 10s and 5s to 3 weeks each, and see how that goes. If you notice any joint pain toward the end of your cycle, then you should definitely add the 15s back in next time.

I agree. As an older bodybuilder, I find that the first two weeks of 15's makes my joints much happier.

I also think that some muscle groups, such as deltoids in my case, respond better to higher rep sets, so I wouldn't skip the 15's at all. Just make sure that you use enough weight to get a nice build up of lactic acid, and even go up to 20 reps the first week. You should start to get some nice burns in the last couple workouts of this block.

Back