Workout Routine

TennisDude

I am going to be working out 3 times a week, twice per day.  Here is my routine:
AM
Incline Bench Press
DB Rows
Miltiary Press
Dips
Chins
Skullcrushers
Preacher Curls
Shrugs

PM
Squat
Leg Press
Leg Curl
Stiff-legged Deadlift
Seated Calf Raise
Glute Ham Raise
Decline Weighted Crunches
Seated Dumbbell Twists
Just wanted to get a general consensus as to how it looks.  
Thanks,
TennisDude

the only thing i would make sure you are doing is to be working the larger muscle groups like chest, back, and shoulders before you work bis or tris.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ April 10 2005,6:00)]the only thing i would make sure you are doing is to be working the larger muscle groups like chest, back, and shoulders before you work bis or tris.
Thanks for the tip. I will do that. Is the selection of exercises good, however?

I think upper body looks ok but I would try also advise to try and shorten your pm workout. I don't think you would be able to keep that volume up for legs throughout the cycle. Try either sqats or legpress, sldl or lying leg curls, and leg extention. Then some calves and you're done.

You only need one isolation exercise for the hams&glutes. My recommendation would be SLDLs, provided you can do them with the correct form.

Likewise, you won't need Squats and Leg Press in the same workout. My recommendation to clear up both of these would be to alternate in pairs:

A. Squats and leg curls
B. Leg Press and SLDL

So Monday do A, Wednesday do B, Friday do A etc...

If I only workout three times per week, then I would do A or B one more time then the other. To compensate, would I flip things around for the second week?

Back