Would like an 8-exercise HST cycle.

Youcrazydiamond

Hello,I'm looking for an 8-exercise HST cycle that incorporates squats/DLs. Can someone please steer me in the right direction? I'm confused about if I should alternate my squats/deads or do them on the same day. I'd also like to do cable rows if that fits - BB rows have never felt too comfortable for me. Just gimme a program and I'll do it!!Thanks do much. Mike

OK I'm thinking: Squat/DL/Leg Curl/BB Row/Incline Press/Military Press/Lat Raises. Is this too much to do 3x a week for all exercises with no alternation?

Well that depends. What is your bodyweight and what is your 1 rep max for squat or deadlift? If you don't know a 1 rm, just tell me what rm you do know.

I would prefer to see you either alternate squats and deads or else do squats and rack pulls instead of full deadlifts.

I do not believe the shoulders need more than one lift to hit them unless you are trying to specialize on them for a cycle. So I would drop lateral raises, since they really are more of a fluffer exercise anyway. If you really want eight exercises, I would do something more like this:

Squats
Leg Curl
Incline Bench
Seated Dips
Rack Pulls
Chins or Pulldowns
Military Press
Curls or whatever you want to do for arms or you could do calves instead if you need to

I can give you a more detailed program but I need to know where you are at in your "training age" first and this is going to depend on your rep maxes compared to bodyweight. This is important to know so we can determine how to tailor it to where you are at progress-wise.

Back