Xenical

Rakki

Hi Guys

Today at a Health center (I was doing A medical) I saw alot of Flyers and so on advertising "Xenical" for fat loss. Anyone heard of it before?

Quote:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]XENICAL At Work
If you eat an excessive amount of fat or calories, the excess is stored as fat by the body, resulting in weight gain. When you eat fat, your body breaks it down into its simplest components so that it can be digested.
Unlike other weight-loss drugs you may have heard about that act in the brain or central nervous system to suppress appetite or to speed up metabolism, XENICAL works in your digestive system to block about one-third of the fat in the food you eat from being digested.
Enzymes in your digestive system, called lipases, help digest (or break down) fat. When taken with meals, XENICAL attaches to the lipases and blocks them from breaking down some of the fat you have eaten.
The undigested fat cannot be absorbed and is eliminated in your bowel movements. By working this way, XENICAL helps block about one-third of the fat in the foods you eat from being absorbed by your body.

It is currently a prescription only diet/weight loss drug, but they are discussing possibly making it available over the counter. I don't know anyone with any experience with it, though.

Blocking fat from being digested isn't going to help that much if you are still eating an excess of calories from carbohydrates or protein. Fat isn't the bad guy macronutrient that everyone thinks it is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Nov. 08 2005,11:41)]Blocking fat from being digested isn't going to help that much if you are still eating an excess of calories from carbohydrates or protein. Fat isn't the bad guy macronutrient that everyone thinks it is.
True!
worship.gif

A lot of idiot celebrities (usually the blond sort, hahaha, kidding, just being mean) reportednly use Xenical. Just rumors but some reported it had some nasty side effects, like brown stuff (not really stool but fatty oils of some sort) being excreted from one's @$$ at most unpredictable moments. Sucks. And probably not true.

Anyhoo, dude, Rakki, don't bother trying it. Not worth the packaging.

And blocking one third of the fat? That's idiocy. If you are consciously cutting, most probably you are already shying away from saturated and trans fats - meaning like a good boy you are most probably taking in the good kind of fats, polyunsaturated fats - so all Xenical will do is block one third of that. Wow. Genius. :D
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rakki, my man, like I said, not even worth the packaging. :)

Back