Dieting while on HST

ChadsMach1

Just looking to get some opinions on how I should diet while on HST. I've been asking around various people at my gym, and this is what most tell me. I'm almost 6 ft, and weight 215 lbs. I'm looking to keep the muscle I have, and drop bodyfat (would this just be called cutting?) How does this sample day look?

Breakfast (around 7am) : 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal, gass of whey protein (20+ grams 1 scoop)

(2-3 hours later): Fat Free Yogurt, Fruit (Pear. Apple)

Lunch (around noon) : Tuna (with FF mayo) or grilled/boiled chicken on wheat bread (Ezikel bread)

(2-3 hours later): FF Yogurt, fruit (Pear, apple...etc)

Gym (around 7pm) Pre protein drink (1 scoop whey, 20+ grams) Post workout: 30-40 grams Dextrose, 5 grames creatine, 5 grams Glutamine, Whey protein in skim milk ( 2 scoops 40+ grams)

Dinner: Chicken, Turkey, lean red meat (cut visible fats off), steamed vegtables

Before bed: Protein shake ( 2 scoops) in skim milk. Another in the middle of the night if I wake up.

hey this acually looks pretty good. I have tried many different diets both when I was competing and after. This looks like a pretty good balanced approach without getting into too much leptin/ketosis/refeeds/omega-3/crap. all the diets have good and bad points and have their dfenders and detractors

Like Aaron said, it sounds good as long as there are not too man calories. I'm no expert, but you may want to add some more healthy fats.

I see NO Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) mentioned - note the word essential. I would study up on this because the diet you outline illustrates a lack of understanding of this issue.

Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

Mark

Hints

Many Fats (nuts, olive, etc,) are healthy
Fats do not make you gain excess body fat
Excess calories make you gain excess body fat

[b said:
Quote[/b] (markh @ May 21 2003,11:49)]I see NO Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) mentioned - note the word essential. I would study up on this because the diet you outline illustrates a lack of understanding of this issue.
There will be adequate Essential fatty acids in that diet to prevent deficiency.

All thats required is 2-4% Linoleic acid, nad ~0.2-0.5% alpha linolenic acid (as % of total energy) per day.

And the amounts in meat, veges, oats, tuna is bound to be enough to cover this.

Back