Sudent change in metabolism

chunky34

A while ago, I was eating about 3800 calories for my diet and was growing at a rate of 2lbs each week.

Now, Im eating 4000-4300 calories each day and my weight stay the same.

Is there any explanations of this radical change in my metabolism ? Because my lean bodyweight didnt increase a lot in these months ( Iwasnt doing hst ... lol).

And another question, about protein intake. Is there a maximum of grams/pounds of lbm that a bodybuilder should take, and everything above this number would be waste protein ? Because some studies are saying that 2g/kg is the max, others 2g/lbs ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chunky34 @ Dec. 20 2004,11:43)]And another question, about protein intake. Is there a maximum of grams/pounds of lbm that a bodybuilder should take, and everything above this number would be waste protein ? Because some studies are saying that 2g/kg is the max, others 2g/lbs ...
Read Bryan's Article on Protein Myths then if you are really into reading pull up the studies he cites and read them. I especially like the ones by Wolfe and Tipton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chunky34 @ Dec. 20 2004,12:43)]A while ago, I was eating about 3800 calories for my diet and was growing at a rate of 2lbs each week.
Now, Im eating 4000-4300 calories each day and my weight stay the same.
Is there any explanations of this radical change in my metabolism ? Because my lean bodyweight didnt increase a lot in these months ( Iwasnt doing hst ... lol).
And another question, about protein intake. Is there a maximum of grams/pounds of lbm that a bodybuilder should take, and everything above this number would be waste protein ? Because some studies are saying that 2g/kg is the max, others 2g/lbs ...
Do note as you gain weight your maintenance kcal will increase as well. For the rest......what dkm said.

Back