glycogen depletion in boxing

coach hale

another question?

what would you calculate a boxers mmol glycogen depletion would be assuming he is throwing 80-100 punches per 3mrd at a moderate intensity? Obviously this is a very general question that has other concerns as far as precise calculation, but any idea would be appreciated.

He weight 150 6% bdft.

Anyone have any idea

it is estimated that at 70% max weight when wt training results in .35 mmol/ kg second of work performed

any ideas on converting this rate

coach hale
www.maxcondition.com

visit our new forum
MaxCondition Forum
where practicality meets science

there's no way to come up with an even moderately accurate guess. just assume "a lot" and take in a lot of carbs post workout.

I'm in agreement with BoSox. Be extremely generous with post-workout and post-sparring carb intake. Treat and boxing drills and sessions as a workout in themselves. Eat plenty of carbs before and after training - especially after! If you notice too much weight gain, cut back some.

Maybe if his glycogen was comprised of isotopically tagged carbons, we could watch as it got metabolized. Otherwise, I agree with the 2 previous comments. Just eat alot of carbs

haha. i just got whooped in boxing today. a little black eye and welt on the cheek.
dozingoff.gif

pzhang

i take taekwondo class on mondays after working out . it's so tiring my body screams for carbs. you really do got to eat a lot of carbs or else you'll feel very depleted.

not to mention i eat a hundred calories more than the usual workout days since sparring burns away some calories too. just playing safe so that calories burned < calories eaten.

Back