Starting Over From Scratch.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Sci, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Very slow progress, but considering my average frequency in this log has only been about once per week! Way lower than I wish it was. If I was doing three times per week, theoretically I could have made double the progress in the same amount of time. Lately I have only been lifting on the weekends, can't find much time during the week.
    [​IMG]

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Do you still have the ‘at home’ setup?

I think everything looks proportional other than maybe the delta, and you can possibly find some time for that at home? Even myo-rep push-ups?

Sci likes this.
  3. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

I do. Good ideas. I am working hard on my deltoids and pectorals, (and lats a close second) as I think my shoulders and chest are too small compared to my arms and thighs.

I will likely start doing some overhead pressing and weighted pushups at home during the week.

4. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

HST

Now that I’ve got a decent base of strength and I’m out of newbie mode, I’m going to switch to more primal,hardcore, “real-world” lifts.

Trapbar Dead: 250x15,15
    lungs felt this!

Chin-up: -70x15,15.
    Wow, these are way harder than the machine. Felt like my biceps and forearm muscles were going to rip apart!

Dip: body weightx15,15

DB Row: 65x15...
    could only get one set in, my upper body pulling muscles were depleted from chins and deads.

Press: 85x15,15

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  5. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

upload_2018-11-24_18-44-18.gif

Brutal

Browner and _Simon_ like this.
  6. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

The hammer strength pull down machine is the best ever for the latissimus dorsi, however it isolated the lats too much, as my biceps were indisputably the weak link during chin-ups today.

Evening home training.
    Strict barbell curls: 69x15,15,15

7. _Simon_

_Simon_ Active Member

Haha yeah I recently got back into chinups and dips, has been awhile since I'd done them and was hard/felt heavy at first! But found my groove.

Them hammer pulldowns sound awesome.. I feel pretty connected with the lats and feel them a lot but that'd be cool having them fatigue out like that

Sci likes this.
  8. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

I agree. I’m determined to work hard on my chin-ups and dips, get to chaining weights to my body and all that.

_Simon_ likes this.
  9. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

HST
    3x10

Trapbar Dead: 260
    Chin-up: 200-60x10,10,8(failed 9th rep)
    Dip: 200+10
    Press: 90x10,10,8 failed

Shoulder Rotator and calf assistance.

It’s been years since I’ve done 3 work sets of 10...(super setting when possible) lungs burning, strength endurance tested.
    Wow

_tim and Jester like this.
  10. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Upper body only today

Chin-up: 200-55 x10,10,10

Dip: 200+15 x10,10,7failed

DB Row: 70 x10,7failed

Press: 90x 10,8

11. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

HST 3x10
    Exercises Loads
    Chin-up 200-45 x10,9,6
    Dip 200+15 x10,10,10
    Trapbar Dead: 280 x10!, 6...I can’t take more than 1 ½ sets &hit RPE 9
    Incline Press 135 x10,9,9
    DB Row 70 x10,10,8
    Standing Press 90 x10,9,8
    Shoulder Rotator &
    Calf assistance.

12. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

More shoulder work.
    Slow, strict, full ROM Press: 85x10,10,10

13. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

HST 3x5
    1st day of 5s
    Exercises Loads
    Chin-up 200-30 x5,5,5
    Dip 200+25 x5,5,5
    Trapbar Dead: 300 x 5,5,5
    Incline Press 155 x5,5,5
    Shoulder Rotator &
    Calf assistance.

Weighted dips are amazing for the chest and triceps. Just awesome.
    I like the feel of incline press for shoulders/upper pectorals better than regular standing press.

_Simon_ likes this.
  14. _Simon_

_Simon_ Active Member

Yeah am loving doing weighted dips at the moment too...

How steep/what angle is your incline bench? Do you feel they hit the lateral delts much (I know that the front delts assist alot in overhead pressing...)? I'm considering giving them a go, my shoulder flexibility isn't great for straight up shoulder press (end up having to arch the back a bit). My bench has only set angles, flat, 30°, 45° and 90°.

Sci likes this.
  15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Arching back for overhead pressing is correct re: form.

Sci likes this.
  16. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

45 degree. The way my rib cage/torso is structured, 45 degrees incline hits my front and side deltoids well, and flat bench isn’t as good as decline bench and dips for my pectorals.

17. _Simon_

_Simon_ Active Member

Ah yeah fair enough, I guess I meant excessive arching because the arms can't physically extend to get the bar directly above the head hehe

18. _Simon_

_Simon_ Active Member

Ah cool, cheers! I've always felt flat bench hit my pectorals well, but I may experiment with higher incline bench for side delts...

19. NWlifter

NWlifter Active Member

Trying to catch up here, workouts look great man!

hey so you do 2 workouts rather than 2 weeks (6 workouts) at each level ? (15, 10,5)?

20. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Usually 1 week of 15s, 2 weeks of 10s, and then 3-4 weeks of 5s.
    I have only been getting in workouts about once per week though, sometimes more when I can.

NWlifter likes this.