BIOTEST

BIZ

Biotest is hyping a new product called 19 Carbon or something to that effect. Apparently it is an ester of forskolin that mimics to some degree Anavar, but they claim it is better because it has more of an effect on fat loss (and they even site studies for this one, one yet to be published though :confused: ). Bryan, Aaron, Dan, or any other interested parties feel free to weigh in on the subject if you have an opinion. As always, I am interested in new developments in the supplenment industry, especially since the pro-hormone ban.

Forskolin may show some promise for freeing fatty acids to be used as fuel. Most products I've seen come in well under the necessary dose of 50-60mg a day. As for it's anabolic properties, I've never seen anything to justify them. Mixed with low intensity cardio, around 60-65% of your max heart rate, and with proper dosing it may help burn fat. Mix it with a good supp for speeding up the metabolism like green tea or an E/C stack, and you may have something special. I know that cAMPHIBOLIC is a product that has a full dose available of 60mgs if you take the full serving of 6 caps a day, and it's gotten some good reviews by customers.

I know I read once when I was looking at AR activity, someone, don't remember who, looked at forskolin's impact on cAMP and cAMP's tie to AR activity, but I don't remember a lot about the study.
sad.gif
Sorry

They (BIOTEST) wanted to make sure this wasn't confused with regular old forskolin, but something a bit different. The claims sound good, but...claims and hard evidence don't always seem to match up.

Here is a quote:
"What if there really was a way to advance your anabolic physiology one step above natural – and to do that 365 days a year without the fear of down-regulation or suppression.

(You newbies, this means it won't shrink your nads down to the size of dried snap peas.)

Well, that breakthrough does exist and I can prove it to a scientific certainty."

Another quote:
"The name of the novel anabolic compound is Carbolin 19. The actual chemical name is colforsin 1,9-ethylcarbonate. Carbolin 19 is a carbonate ester of a naturally occurring diterpene called colforsin (aka, forskolin). Don't even begin to confuse this material with an herbal extract of Coleus forskohlii! We're using a carbonate ester of pure colforsin, which means it's a highly pure, single compound."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ April 22 2005,11:45)]colforsin 1,9-ethylcarbonate
I found studies on colforsin, but nothing on the individual ester. I looked at their site also and unfortunately they show only the study results not the individual study citation. So basically I have no clue.

Thanks DOOD. Good read. Lots of smarts floating around in that forum. Guess who sells their stuff at Wal-Mart now? BIOTEST. Just saw Fahrenheit and HOT-ROX there!! A lot cheaper than anyone else carries their stuff.

Back