calories on 2x a day HST

Tank23

Hi everyone,
At the moment I'm doing 2x a day HST, mon-wed-fri. In another post Blade says to 'eat eat eat' between your AM and PM workouts. What I want to know is, what's a rough calorie range I should for?

I'm 170lbs, 5'9", 18 years old.

I know this question is hard to answer, because there are many other variables to be considered, but I just want to know at least what the minimum I should be gettingin is.

At the moment I'm getting nearly 3000 cals, but I think this might not be enough. If I'm doing 8-10 sets at each session, approx how much energy would I consume to complete each session?

I hope someone can help me out, and give me a rough guide.

Thanks,
-Tank

I already read your thread over at wbb. But I thought I'd make a couple of quick comments in here.

1) Your gonna need lots of carbs, complex throughout the day and high gi type stuff pre/post both sessions. I suggest you cut down on the protein (300g is too much) and up the carbs

2) From personal experience, I didn't gain much at all doing two sessions per day eating 3500 cals, granted I was 5"11 195ish. But the point is, your gonna have to eat quite a bit while doing am/pm split. I believe with your current diet plan you'll be getting in about 3700cals, which seems like a good place to start.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply Manveet.

Do you reckon I should keep my cals up at around 3500 on non-training days?

Or should I just keep the diet same, dropping the post workout shakes on non workout days, leaving me with about 2900 cals?

Ive replied on hte wbb thread, but

eat less protien, personally for a natural I wouldnt go much above 1.5xbw (lbs) as you can only uprate protein synthesis so high

Up your carbs, possibly up to 450g/day

up the fats somewhat to make up calories where needed

170x16-20 = 2720-3400

so calories are within the range

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tank23 @ July 13 2003,3:19)]Thanks a lot for your reply Manveet.
Do you reckon I should keep my cals up at around 3500 on non-training days?
Or should I just keep the diet same, dropping the post workout shakes on non workout days, leaving me with about 2900 cals?
You could drop cals off a bit on off days, I actually do that myself right now. However, I only drop off about ~200 cals from training days.

Back