Carbohydrates Threa

Louno

Hi,

It seems today like there is a new trend, low carb nutrition, its been around for a while but when you start to hear ppl on the radio telling you to not drink more than 2 glass of juice/day, you know it gone mainstream.

I did some research a bit on the internet but its not easy to find info on how things work in a understandable not too much scientific exclusive language... or unbiased info from some "pro low carb" diets...

Id appreaciate it if anyone who knows anything about carbs put some info in here.

Things id like to know for example are :

I know in general you should avoid fast absorbing carbs, but what are they, which are worst? Sugar i guess is the worst, how about starch? fruits, pasta, rice...

Is it true that when you eat alot of carbs in one meal, because of insulin, your body will convert some carbs into fat or something like that ? I dont understand exactly what the insulin spike does, and also does this happen with any kind of carbs or only with sugar ?
I have asked myself this question many times when choosing food and looking at the labels, for examples id have to choose between a meal that had 4g of fat and 66carbs xprotein, or 7 fat 22carbs xprotein, or when im looking at yogourts, some have higher sugar but lower or no fat, and others have lower sugar but a little bit of fat...

How much carbs in one meal is too much ?

Im asking all this because im almost getting headaches trying to find food to eat thats not always the same thing everyday.
Like i was looking for cereals the other, oh my god... try to find low fat, high protein, high fiber, low carbs , especialy low sugar, all in one cereal, its not easy hehe. i ended up buying these:http://www.kelloggs.ca/cgi-bin....mpany=2

Yes, I'm very curious to learn more about different types of carbs myself. As far as a high protein morning cerial I go with Back to Nature's "Hi Protein". You get about 25g of protein in one bowl.

hmm thoses seems pretty good, but i dont think they are available in canada i checked their website... :confused:

Back