Casein protein supplement brands

jsraaf

Can anyone recommend any specific protein suppliements that are casein-based (casein protein hydrolysate, I believe is the correc term), where you may have purchased them, and the approx. price?

I am looking for a replacement for the GNC whey stuff I'm currently using.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Mike - I was thinking in terms of use for pre- and post-workout liquid protein but as the occasional food substitute too.

Besides, I'd rather eat dog crap than cottage cheese... :D

No problem ....

I used to HATE cottage cheese but IF you start out eating regular or 2%
and add some vanilla protein powder it taste close to vanilla pudding.

Every night my last meal is CC w/ vanilla protein powder and a couple of
TBL spoons of 100% natural PB. Gives you about 400 cals of slow burning
casein. ( It's taste better than adding FAX oil
laugh.gif

Mikeh

for the powders, you could always try the custom sites like proteinfactory.com and proteincustomizer.com. hopefully bryan's manufacturer woes will be sorted out soon

Casein hydrosylate would probably taste terrible. I doubt many supplements contain it in significant amounts. You probably can get it from a custom site.

ISS ProM3 is pretty good. It's whey, casein and egg. Probably adequate substitute until HSN stuff is available again.

Re cottage cheese, one more tip (which I've posted on other threads): 1 scoop of Muscle Milk in cottage cheese works great. Try the blueberry or strawberry. (And I hate cottage cheese, too.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Every night my last meal is CC w/ vanilla protein powder and a couple of
TBL spoons of 100% natural PB.

Peanut-butter flavored cottage cheese?
butbut.gif
I'm gagging just thinking about it! Tell me you aren't mixing this all together...

Cottage cheese, post-blender, loses the lumpiness that many Cottage Cheese Haters despise.

Isn't HSN's driver shakes (on backorder as of posting, though) casein-based?! Let's give em some shameless promotion :)
-berto

Back