Creatine and cutting

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_elektrobank
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_elektrobank

I have never taken creatine before but am thinking of giving it a shot to see what kind of gains I can get. I know you gain a lot of water weight in the process, will these types of gains make me soft and less defined? Is there a cutting phase that is needed after taking creatine for a while or will creatine mainly put on pure muscle?

Some people report that they look "bloated" and put on a lot of water weight whenever they use creatine. Personally, I haven't noticed any visible difference. Also, you're supposed to gain some water weight when you take creatine. That's part of the way that creatine works: it fills your muscles up with creatine and water. The creatine is used by your muscles for fuel, and the water makes your muscles bigger. When you stop taking creatine, the level of creatine in your muscles will return to normal, and you'll lose any water weight you had gained due to the creatine. How long does this take? I'm not sure, but I believe one study said about 28 days or so.

Creatine won't make you gain fat. In fact, studies have shown that it increases lean body mass. If you wanted to "un-bloat", all you'd have to do would be to stop taking creatine. You're not trying to lose fat (just water), so there's no need to cut.

You never have to stop taking creatine, although some people do choose to cycle it (which isn't necessary, since it's not a steroid or hormone or anything of that sort). If you're bulking, there's absolutely no reason to stop. If you're cutting, it's iffy. According to Lyle McDonald, "muscular fat burning is enhanced with muscular energy stores are depleted: includes glycogen and creatine" (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums....reatine. But unless you're trying to lose bodyfat by depleting glycogen in your muscles, you might as well be taking creatine.

I`ve noticed that the bloating effect only comes with certain brandnames even they sell the same stuff...Last time I started I got about 2 pounds. Not bad as some of that bloating was inside my cells :)

Just take it and be happy
thumbs-up.gif

Back