Creatine, creatinine (spelling) and their effects

Ruhl

I know that creatine puts stress on the kidneys. Never said it damaged healthy ones.

The kidneys turn creatine into creatinine. Does creatinine that comes from old creatine powders, when eaten, place the same amount of stress on the kidneys as does regular creatine when eaten?

no, but typically with creatine supplementation, larger quantities of creatine are used so the kidney has more creatinine to filter out, which some scientists believe might stress the kidneys.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ruhl @ June 25 2004,4:41)]I know that creatine puts stress on the kidneys. Never said it damaged healthy ones.
The kidneys turn creatine into creatinine. Does creatinine that comes from old creatine powders, when eaten, place the same amount of stress on the kidneys as does regular creatine when eaten?
This might help also From another thread

Calkid

HS:Great Friend

Group: Member
Posted: June 14 2004,11:57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had the same 2 lb jar of creatine for quite some time. It was about 95% depleted, so I ordered another. I wanted to consume all the older stuff first, so I started loading it.

After 3 days at 25g/day, nothing seemed to be happening. Weird. No thirst, lackluster energy in the gym. None of what I remember the first time I tried it.

At that point I ran out of the old stuff. Started a new jar, noticed a few things.

1) It smells different. It has that "creatine" smell. The old jar didn't smell like anything.

2) Taking it, I've started getting the thirst.

Could it be possible that the old creatine aged to the point of inertness? It was only like 1.5 years old.

--------------
"a big hello to all intelligent life forms everywhere . . . and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys."
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, hyperspace radio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report this post to a moderator

Aaron_F

HS:Family

Group: Member
Posted: June 15 2004,4:19

Yes

It would have potentially gone thru the lovely non-enzymatic conversion to creatinine, which is essentially flushed from the body

Its a slow process when in monohydrate form, but entirely possiible

Fresh is always best

--------------
Badger Badger Badger
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/21/

Report this post to a moderator

Back