Creatine powder or creatine pill

• Thread starter imported_dunhoonK
  • Start date
I

imported_dunhoonK

Me and my friend was arguing on which is better. I'm arguing creatine powder ( w/ grape juice) because its more reliable, more ppl use it, and its safer. He's saying creatine pill is better because, well, his friend got big off of it and he's arguing that its 100% absorption while powder form doesn't. I know some facts about creatine (FAQ) but it doesn't really talk about powder form or pills. Does it really matter?

does not really matter  
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dunhoonK @ Mar. 07 2005,10:06)]Me and my friend was arguing on which is better. I'm arguing creatine powder ( w/ grape juice) because its more reliable, more ppl use it, and its safer. He's saying creatine pill is better because, well, his friend got big off of it and he's arguing that its 100% absorption while powder form doesn't. I know some facts about creatine (FAQ) but it doesn't really talk about powder form or pills. Does it really matter?
That's because there is no difference. Monohydrate in powder form, in a gellatin capsule or compressed into a tablet is monohydrate. Powder will be generally easier on your wallet. Dosing from a capsule or pill would probably be a little more consistent, but since you generally deal with the not so good bioavailability of creatine by taking larger doses (5grams a day and over), dosing really isn't an issue. Go with the powder and save your wallet a hit, because it's the same substance either way.

yeah thats what i figured. So what he said about the capsule being absorbed 100% while the powder form doesn't, wasn't true correct?

Back