debunking diet myths

Last fall I thought I should reduce my fat intake so I could lose fat so I could look more ripped. I was also doing HIT at the time.

I actually lost weight, but not because of the decrease in Fat but because I wasn't getting nearly enough calories. It wasn't until this spring that I started tracking them.

Sometimes what appears to be in effect isn't what is at all.

I now try to get 15% of my calories from protein, 55% from Carbs, and 30% of them from mostly unsaturdated fats.

I am currently eating tostitos for some wholesome energy. If it wasn't for this forum I would be trying to eat grapes and raisons.(which I still eat for nutritional value)

Here is a list of the foods I currently have on my excel spreadsheet and their calorie amounts. You'll note that the meats and surgars dont contain as many calories as the pastas with exception to the brownie which is my super calorie food for size.

cereal bowl (1 cup) 224
sandwhich (6 rounds of meat etc) 500
1 Cup rice 237
Canola oil (2 tsp) 81
salmon 150
1 slice of bread 115
egg 90
aunt jemima butter flavored (3 tbsp) 176
mixed veggies (per half cup) 56
oatmeal packets 182
banana 112
orange 92
apple 120
peanut better and jam on toast 351
muffin 162
ice tea (4tsp) 68
pasta plate 800
meat balls 1 73
lipton sidekick (whole wheat pasta) 548
lipton sidekick (long grain wild rice) 568
lipton sidekick (pasta premavara) 548
glass milk (glass) 160
farmers dairy 1 cup chocolate milk 180
chewy bar 151
nature vally bar 178
70% cocoa (square) 40
Riesen Square 39
hot chocolate 3 table spoons 118
cheese 1.5 cm slice 131
chocolate milk (glass homemade) 278
compliments lemonaid (2tbsp) 96
forzen yogurt (HALF CUP) 115
tostitos and salsa (12 chips) 284
brownies! (one) 289
dare maple cookies 84

thanks a lot for the support guys!
smile.gif
i'm going to start digging in our library this week and see if i can find anything.

<div>
(skinnyman @ Jul. 10 2006,16:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i read here
that low-carb diets causes bad breath hahaha. is one of the purpose of refeeds to avoid bad breath? ha ha</div>
The bad breath is caused by ketosis

I have classic bodybuilding nationals coming up this fall and i`ve been dieting since april. I`ve lost 22 lbs and still somewhere around 10 lbs to go.

Hungry, whats that? It easy like making babies. I`ve been just calculating my calories and keeping them - 500 kcal. Even in restdays when i dont go to the gym I eat the same amount of food and extra to compensate the recovery drink. Man i`m full on those days. All i`ve left behind are all &quot;zero calories&quot; like sweets and alcohol. Well one beer now and then dont hurt anyone.

The most important thing in my diet was that nowdays my macro ration are about 35 protein, 30fats and 35 carbs. With this I dont even feel fatigued.

hey fausto did you get the source of &quot;protein causing stomach to be acidic&quot; also in pubmed? i can't seem to find it.

skinny

No that came from a lecture of Dr. Veith, protein of animal sources contains sulphuric compounds which metabolize into SO4 and eventually into H2SO4 which is acidic.

According to Dr. Veith people who eat regular animal protein have a stomach acid of pH 1 - 1.5. Whereas vegetarians have a pH of 4 to 4.5.

Dr. Berardi has some stuff on acid base metabolism, I have a linkl here to his website, if you don't find it, e-mail me and i'll send you the e-book it is too big to upload here.

[email protected] or PM me with your e-mail.

and the body to compensate for that has to leach Calcium from the bones

I personally feel like a calorie is a calorie.

However DR. JOhn Beradi....a very highly recommend nutrition coach argues this everday?

So......What the hell? do you believe?

Back