Essential fats for building muscle

ratty

Right nutrition experts.....

i don't like fish so ive been taking 3 fish oil tablets a day for about 3-4 months now.

Now ive altered my calories to be in either a deficit or surplus so i put the weight change down to that...

But would i of got different results if i hadn't of taken my fish oil every day?
rock.gif

Ive read omega 3 in terms of body composition (not health benefits or brain benefits) help the body to burn fat...and bryan recommends taking fish oil or flax or something similar without describing why..i guess that is what i want to know!

what does fish oil actually do when it enters the body??

Its part of my daily routine as i automatically take fish oil after every meal but today i questioned it as i dont fully understand why i am doing this. I am only doing this because i have been told to by a very educated muscle nerd (bryan)
laugh.gif

Any explanations/advice appreciated.

Matt.

<div>
(ratty @ Dec. 16 2009,4:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">....
But would i of got different results if i hadn't of taken my fish oil every day?
rock.gif

....</div>
Possibly.... Check out this thread: http://www.hypertrophy-specific.info/cgi-bin....ish+oil

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
2. Fish oils turn on the lipolytic genes (fat burning genes).

3. Fish oils turn off the lipogenic genes (fat storage genes).</div>

I think you may want to even double your intake to 6 caps (3 more at night perhaps). From memory, you want to get about 2g each of the active ingredient, (ie 2g of EPA and 2g of DHA)

I personally tried some caps but didnt like taking so many + they gave me reflux (nasty burps). That could have just been the brand though.

I now use a high strength fish oil liquid, very easy to take 1 big spoon of, and no reflux. Probably comes down to personal preference though. The high strength oil is a little more expensive I think if you work it out at the EPA/DHA cost per gram, but I find it the easiest to take so it suits me.

Thanks for the reply trump!

I read bryans article again and he recommends 3-4 grams..

I have been taking only about 1 gram (3 capsules a day) so im going to start taking 9 capsules (3 after each meal) a day and see if i do get better results...

In terms of results i am talking about, i measure my lean weight and body fat by bioimpedence last week when i checked i had gained 1:1 lb. muscle to fat gain ratio as i am bulking! ill mention this in my log and update any differences in terms of partitioning ratio.

I will know if the fish oil is making a difference and not calorie intake as i am eating 2500 cals a day...

Back