Extra Virgin Olive Oil

dabig_e

My buddy says that extra virgin olive oil is not a good source of efa's. I say that it is. I am right aren't I? Is it alright to take with cottage cheese for my last meal before bed? Thanx for you info.

Your body is right, olive oil is high in monosaturates. Although taking extra monosaturates will probably do you good. I can't remember off hand what exactly they do but I think it has something to do with preventing heart disease??? I wish the weight trainer site was still up I always use the article on dietary fats to reminder. Anyhow to get the omega 3s you’ll have to take fish oil or at least flax. Well unless you really like fish than salmon or another high fat fish a day would be all you need. Not sure but I think one 8oz can of sockeye salmon gives you something like 2 grams of EPA.

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dabig_e @ Feb. 20 2003,3:27)]My buddy says that extra virgin olive oil is not a good source of efa's. I say that it is. I am right aren't I?
olive oil contains low amounts of efa's. There is a small amount of n-6s (~7.9%) and very little (0.6%) n-3
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is it alright to take with cottage cheese for my last meal before bed?
apart from tasting disgusting, but your opinion may vary

Back