FAQ re: Diet and Nutrition

Capricorn

I just read the last addition to the FAQ and I'm a bit confused, especially by this part:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
If you are trying to get lean and keep as much muscle as possible, use only protein pre- and post-workout, then have carbs with your first whole food meal following your workout.
I have always thought that pre-workouk carbs are a MUST, even when you're dieting, or you won't have the "energy" to lift big enough.
There was a period when I was experimenting and going to the gym without the pre-workout carbs and I couldn't lift a ####. Well, I have to admit that I was on a very low calorie diet and that certainly had an impact.
Anyway, is there anyone here that is skipping the pre-workout carbs? How do you feel? How does it impact your workouts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have to admit that I was on a very low calorie diet and that certainly had an impact.

Exactly. It depends on your overall caloric intake, as well as your carb intake during the rest of the day.

Thanks, Blade. I have to try that, I always feel nasty working out with a full stomach
sad.gif

Back