flax seed oil

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_dirtybirds808
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_dirtybirds808

Just wondering if any of you take flax seed oil. I've asked a few people i know about its importance and everyone seems to have their own opinion. What is its importance and do you recommend it. Thanks.

if you take 2-3 gr omega 3 from fish oils
then you don't need flax seed oil

if you cannot hold fish oils (or fishes) then go for at least 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil

I think flax is great. Its a good source of Omega 3's or EFAs. Fish is better though; Its also holds a higher boiavailablity. "Health from the sun" carries a nice Flax, Fish, & Borage oil containing all your Omega's (3,6, & 9). Its 9.99 for an 8oz bottle.

If I had to recommend anything, however, I'd say fish. Fish contains a higher EPA and DHA content. I get a 300gelcap bottle for 6.99 & take 9 to 12 caps a day.

The EPA and DHA in Fish as also been shown to help reduce fat at doses 3g and up. That's about what I take, 3g to 4g ED.

I use it occasionally, but I focus on flaxseed meal- 1-1.5 tablespoons/day in my oat bran,and I'm in heaven ;) I prefer the meal for the fiber, but that's me. I don't take fish oil, as I'm a vegetarian.
Jake

Mr. Nasty, what fish oil product do you buy? I go with NOW Salmon Oil but it seems that yours is even cheaper.

The best is flax oil suppositories. They really do the trick.
laugh.gif
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ Mar. 24 2005,10:44)]The best is flax oil suppositories.  They really do the trick.
laugh.gif

crazy.gif
You can't be serious
sneaky2.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Mar. 27 2005,3:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrNasty @ Mar. 16 2005,12:42)]
I get a 300gelcap bottle for 6.99

what and where? That's a great deal.

Where? The greatest store in the land: Costco! OK, so technically I'm not MrNasty, but I did recently get a 300 gel cap bottle of fish oil from Costco. It's Kirkland brand. Here's a little info I got right off the Supplement Facts:

Each softgel contains
10 Calories
1 g Fat
.25 g Saturated Fat
180 mg EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)
120 mg DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)

Ingredients: Fish Oil Concentrate, Gelatin, Glycerin, d-Alpha Tocopherol, Water

See for yourself

Back