Glutamine

jbreese1

I am wondering how valuable glutamine is to supplement with. What exactly are the benefits? It is recommended by many different sites, but I seem to get mixed reasons behind its use.

Glutamine will not produce any significant hypertrophic gains. The only reason to supplement with glutamine is if you suffer from gastrointestinal upset. That is all it has really been proven to improve.

I find that hard to swallow; I doubt glutamine would be as highly recommended as it is with that small of an impact.

Have you actually done any research on glutamine used for hypertrophic purposes. It would appear not. Go check out the FAQ. Bryan himself even states that one should think twice before WASTING his money on glutamine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jbreese1 @ May 14 2004,1:32)]I find that hard to swallow; I doubt glutamine would be as highly recommended as it is with that small of an impact.
lol you think marketers tell the truth about the actual efficacy of the products their pushing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jbreese1 @ May 14 2004,1:32)]I find that hard to swallow; I doubt glutamine would be as highly recommended as it is with that small of an impact.
People reccomend it, but then again they'd reccomend sugar pills if they convinced themselves that they felt a difference. There's no study showing glutamine has any effect onmuscle hypertrophy. Most of it doesn't even make it past your digestive system. As has been pointed out it's great for easing stomach aches.

Back