high glycemic index sugar

codex

hello,
i use to eat half sniker bar just before workout (or during) and the other half just after with my whey shaker.
someone could give idea?
dozingoff.gif

that's an unorthodox method of nutrition. You want dextrose or maltodextrin following a workout.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ July 09 2004,10:14)]that's an unorthodox method of nutrition. You want dextrose or maltodextrin following a workout.
I agree with you Bosox, but timing is also an issue

From the FAQ

By Bryan

There is some interesting research on protein coming out that indicates that when you add carbs to your protein, more of it gets "trapped" (incorporated into gut proteins and/or oxidized in the gut and liver) in the gut. This is because of the anabolic effect of insulin on enterocytes. Insulin isn't really anabolic in skeletal muscle but it helps nonetheless.

Anyway, my point is this, Take your protein without (or with less) carbs immediately after you workout. This will allow more amino acids to skirt past your enterocytes and liver and make it into the blood stream where they are taken up by skeletal muscle. Then take your carbs one hour later, which still allows you to take advantage of the metabolic "window" post workout.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ July 09 2004,11:14)]that's an unorthodox method of nutrition. You want dextrose or maltodextrin following a workout.
You should take in some high GI carbs before and after if your goal is absolute hypertrophy.

Snickers? Man, if it were only that easy!!

well, in fact snickers is already used by some sprinters. the load of sugar is not too hig (35 g), some fat from peanut.
glycemic index 80. else you can try "steeve reeve drink", honey+lemon juice+water.
tounge.gif

i'm really out of dextrose right now.. is table sugar mixed with fruit juices/tea okay ?
blush.gif
i've been eating low GI pre and post
crazy.gif

ok i just found out table sugar is a low GI
crazy.gif
badbadbad

Back