impact of liquid meals on fluid intake

I

imported_flow

In order to get close to the recommended protein intake, I drink a lot of skim milk and also consume 2 protein shakes per day. All in all, I drink up to 2 litres of milk per day. I know that milk just taken by itself is controversial. However, I haven't experienced any digestive problems and it seems I'm totally lactose-tolerant.

There's something else that bothers me, though: besides all that milk, the only other fluid I'm drinking regularly is grape juice during workouts. I know that drinking lots of water or other non-caloric beverages is supposed to be one of the cornerstones of a healthy diet.

So, am I harming myself by not drinking any water? If so, what can I do? There's no way I can get in a lot of water on top of the milk, then I definitely will have some digestive problem...
crazy.gif
Should I try to get more protein from solid food?

Dear flow,

You can be putting yourself at greater risk by insufficient water consumption. Kidney stones perhaps, are of essence.

In addition to the fluids you partake of, trying having 8 glasses of water day. This should be a good start. Bring it up to 12 if you must, and from there, let thirst and weather dictate water consumption in excess of this.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Well, there's no reason really, to substitute solid food for milk if milk sits well with you.

Any reason your protein comes largely from milk?

The reason milk and protein powder are my No.1 protein sources are time- and cost-efficieny. I also consume a lot of cottage cheese, some tuna, other meat, and eggs, but neither my wife nor I take the time to prepare hot meals regularly (i. e. daily). My main carb sources (whole grain bread, oats) also contain a substantial amount of protein. That's why Christmas is a very welcome change to my nutritional routine - getting invited by parents and in-laws... :D

Dianabol, thanks for your suggestion. The problem I'm having is that due to all the fluid contained in milk, I hardly ever feel thirsty. What I must learn is consume water first, wait half an hour for the water to settle down, and then drink some milk. If I turn this order around, I always feel bloated and can't get in anything else for hours.

What is all the fluid in milk and other foods

its water

The body doesnt know if its from plain water or not

To be more blunt

is your urine clear during the day?

if it is, dont worry about dehydration.

Back