Interim Geezer Report

MS or not, if you are doing 245 for 20 reps or so, I would have to say your 1RM must be at least around the 275 mark, if not more (I'm not sure what kind of m-time you are using).  You may very well have begun to reach some plateaus, but just take a break, drop the load, and progress back up and you should definitely end up higher than you are now.  I should soon be witnessing that, where I should soon be repping what I was stuck on last cycle.  Ahhhh the beauty of HST.

<div>
(UFGatorDude30 @ Aug. 07 2007,12:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You may very well have begun to reach some plateaus, but just take a break, drop the load, and progress back up and you should definitely end up higher than you are now.</div>
I agree that it may be about time for a break. This is the eighth week of my cycle. Perhaps it's time for a bit of SD (Spontaneous Decompression).

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Squat
95 X 3
135 X 3
155 X 3
175 X 25 MS
My hips began to ache a lot; I just tried to walk it off for a few seconds between reps.

Chins BW X 25 MS

Flat Bench
95 X 3
115 X 3
125 X 1 (no way I was gonna be able to do this!)
120 X 15 MS (my calves and thighs kept cramping up and I finally had to stop...).

I dunno, I got my squats and chins in okay, but I just couldn't manage even a 5 lb increment on my bench. I settled for doing 120 again (this is the third w/o at 120), but my legs kept getting cramps. Maybe I've gone about as far as I am going to go on this cycle.

I'll see how I feel on Friday, the last w/o of week eight.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Aug. 05 2007,09:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">TR,

When you have finished this cycle and if you would like too I would like to see how this transfers to SE (strength endurance), could you do a rep out set to how this changed for you? Just use your previously know RM, (8-10 or whatever) and rep it out to see how much it changed.

Dan</div>
Well, due to some unfortunate constraints in order to take care of family affairs, this cycle has come to an untimely end. I had hoped to have another coupla weeks to reach 250 deads and 185 squats, but it is not to be.
sad.gif

So I went in today to rep out some of my previous 5RMs.

Squats:
Previous 5 RM -- 165 lbs.
Today I did 12 reps with one or maybe even two more in the tank. However, I was breathing hard and my form was getting a little sloppy (rep #12 looked a bit like a Good Morning...
rock.gif
), so I figured it was time to stop.

Decline Bench:
Previous 5 RM -- 95 lbs (this is where I feel I am the weakest; my shoulder surgery sapped much of my strength and it's taking me forever to recover).
Today I did 15 reps with (maybe) one or two left in the tank.

Chins:
Okay, I've had to use a Graviton Pussy Assist machine for these up until recently. My previous 5 RM was with a 10 lb assist.
Today I did 10 reps -- and it took all I could do to squeeze out the last one.

Tricep Pushdown:
Okay, maybe this isn't fair since I haven't done any tricep iso's since April, but I thought it might be fun.
My previous 5 RM was 140 lbs (at least that is what it says on the cable crossover machine I was using...).
Today I did 10 reps, though it took all that I had in me to do them.

I'll rep out my deads and rows in a day or two. Now I am going to bed.

Don't sweat the little things , lifting is a lot more like a marathon than a sprint. I've yet to have &quot;the perfect cycle&quot; - but I've never had one I regret either.
smile.gif

I went in today to finish repping out my 5 RMs.

Deadlift:
Previous 5 RM -- 205 lbs.
Today I did 15 reps.
That was hard for me. I guess I've been spoiled by using Max Stim. I'm using to hammering out 25 Max Stim style, then doing the rest of my workout. Doing 15 straight deadlifts just knocked the stuffing out of me.

Lying Dumbbell Row:
Previous 5 RM -- 60 lbs.
Today I did 10 reps.
After doing my deads I felt like I didn't have a lot of gas left in my tank...

I'm done! I plan to Spontaneously Decompress for a coupla weeks, then begin a new cycle.

Fantastic deadlift result TunnelRat. Well done with all your other lifts too, mate. Enjoy your SD.

Back