Low carb diet and strength training

Guys I'm new to the forum, and have gotten quite a bit out of reading threads. If I'm asking a question thats already been answered, please excuse me and direct me to where I need to go!
Has anyone 'tweaked' their HST routine to use it effectively with Lyle Macdonald's ultimate diet 2.0? I've been experimenting with off days (tues, thurs, sat and sun) being low carb/half maintenance calorie days, and lifting days being loading days (not as high calorie as the typical carb load obviously) with calories usually in excess of maintenance. I realize this is hardly ideal and cheapens much of the metabolic benefit of lyle's time tables, but it seems to be working. Appreciate your comments!

Follow lyles training plan.

its a diet:training combo, but still follows the HST main drivers of frequency, progressive overload, heavy weights and then you take a break.

Probably what I'll do. I remember one of Bryan's posts saying something about low carb weeks followed by weekend carb ups, though it seemed he wasn't following Lyle's training schedule at all. Perhaps he was following the anabolic diet incarnation of cyclical dieting. Have you used Lyle's method? To cut or bulk? How did it go?

Just remember that UD2.0 is for lean people to get even leaner. If you are not at or below 10% BF its overkill. Above that you would probably be better served by a more traditional diet or PSMF.

<div>
(beingisbeing @ May 18 2008,5:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">martin are you on low/no carb all the time, or do you cycle and carb up periodically?</div>
Zero carb all the time. My diet consists exclusively of animal flesh.

Have you been able to gain substantial amounts of muscle (assuming this is your goal) with this method? I'm very attracted to the low/no carb side of things, but what I've read on the anabolic effects of insulin leads me to believe a cyclical or targeted approach might be better. But this indecision is why I've actually tried neither...yet.:)

Back