MHP Up Your Mass

• Thread starter Thread starter imported_firefighter2032
  • Start date Start date
I

imported_firefighter2032

Found this stuff..wondering if anyone has tried it or heard of it. Here's the info the website gives.

Muscle Building Macrobolic Nutrition Formula Redefines How People Build Size and Strength

- 46g High Quality Sustained Release Protein

- Loaded with Glutamine & Branch Chain Amino Acids

- Low Glycemic Carbs

- Outrageous Taste

The advanced Macrobolic™ Nutrition profile in Up Your MASS provides the precise 45/35/20 ratio of macro nutrients (carbohydrates, protein, fat) your body needs to create tremendous gains in muscle size and strength. without added fat! Whether you're a pro athlete who needs to pack on mass for an upcoming event, or a teenage "hardgainer" who has difficulty gaining weight, Up Your MASS can help you blast through previously unconquerable with traditional weight gainers.

45/35/20 - The Lean Mass Equation

Glycemix LGIT - Carbohydrates are the primary source of energy and are of vital importance to exercise performance. However, high glycemic carbs like sugars (Dextrose, Sucrose) can have a negative impact on performance and body composition. Glycemix LGI is a unique agglomerate of low glycemic carbohydrates (barley, oats and oat fiber), that provides sustained energy, improved glycogen replenishment and stable blood sugar levels.

ProbolicT - This dynamic sustained release protein matrix (Supro® soy protein isolate, whey concentrate, casein) provides a quick, medium and slow release of amino acids for both fast and long term nitrogen retention. The Probolic protein matrix supplies large amounts of Arginine, Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) and OVER 5 GRAMS of GLUTAMINE per serving critical for muscle building and recovery.

Lipid Complex - Essential Fatty Acids are extremely important nutrients for health and performance. In fact, the right sources of fats may help reduce inflammation, improve hormone functions and provide energy. EFA's slow down the digestion of carbohydrates and proteins, helping to stabilize insulin release and improve nitrogen retention. Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's) provide a good source of energy and help preserve muscle glycogen. The Up Your MASS multi-functional Lipid Complex also contains CLA, which has been shown to increase lean mass.

Two great flavors:

Cinnabun and Chocolate Fudge Brownie

looks okay, but I think you'd be better off not spending this much money on it. Just get protein powder, oats, and fish oil/safflower oil and mix them together and it would probably be a lot cheaper, and without the soy protein.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]OVER 5 GRAMS of GLUTAMINE per serving critical for muscle building and recovery.
Not much in the way Studies that says this is true.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox Posted on Nov. 28 2004 @ 8:37)]
looks okay, but I think you'd be better off not spending this much money on it. Just get protein powder, oats, and fish oil/safflower oil and mix them together and it would probably be a lot cheaper
Agree there

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and without the soy protein
Not sure what this has to do with it?

from what I understand, the soy has mild estrogenic properties and just isn't the highest quality source of protein anyway, so why not just mix with a casein powder?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Nov. 28 2004,1:43)]from what I understand, the soy has mild estrogenic properties and just isn't the highest quality source of protein anyway, so why not just mix with a casein powder?
He's right. I've read about this all over the net and some studies on PubMed seem to show it too. Soy has some health benefits but they seem to be the kind older men need. Men in general should go with the regular nonsoy protein sources, as they're better in all respects for what we need nutritionally.

The concern is with the intake of the isoflavone found in soy but unfortunately (or fortunately) three studies that looked at it in the context of sex hormones didn't show any significant difference. Habito et al., Nagata et al. and Mitchell et al. all showed that any changes in serum concentrations of estradiol, testosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone or luteinizing hormone where minute at worst or none (Mitchell) at best.

Also if you look at other studies, mostly on minkeys (no not mispelled just a very bad Peter Sellers joke, sorry couldn't restrain myself :)), these phytoestrogenic properties are seen to be tissue specific and do not relate to men as much as women.

Lastly, not that I am recommending soy, some research has shown changes in T4, which is elevated consistently in the studies done using animals and to a lesser degree people eating soy proteins. Some studies have also found changes in the insulin/glucagon ratio that would favor reductions in cholesterol and possibly bodyfat. So, soy isn't all that bad or at least as bad as some would have you think.

Dan forgot to mention that while he made that post, he was watching "Pretty Woman," examining his gyno, and shaving his legs.
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Nov. 28 2004,5:12)]Dan forgot to mention that while he made that post, he was watching "Pretty Woman," examining his gyno, and shaving his legs.
wow.gif
Got a hanky?
laugh.gif

Back