Post WO Shak

KAAJ

I use to eat about an hour after the workout. Isn't it then better for me to use whey instead of casein in the post WO-shake?

No- you want a slow protein- whey's OK, but mix it with milk instead of water. This might sound gross to some people, but when I'm bulking, I've make a post-w/o "dessert" from nonfat cottage cheese mixed with chocolate whey powder and maybe a little chocolate syrup, whirred in a food processor (a mini-processor works best). Add a little skim milk and an ice cube, whir it like there's no tomorrow, and bingo, you have a high-protein (with casein) "ice cream." It's actually pretty tasty!

thumbs-up.gif

unfortunatly i hate cottage cheese

you could also buy miscellar protein but it is very expensive (about 150-200 % of whey price)

you can also use destrose powder additionally but if you use 1g/kg bodywheigt as you should and are like me 185 pounds, you just need 80-100g powder a day...you will be buying dextorse in pounds day after day...its not expensive but thats annoying and the sweetness will pull your shoes out

milk has a 80/20 casein/whey ratio and a 5/3 carb/protein ratio...so this is pretty perfect 1500ml wehy give you 75g carbs and 45g protein... the only thing you could worry about is the high insuline output caused by lactose...but i found out that right after an exhausting workout you do not need to worry that much about it...i think the chance of fat gain is very low when your glycogen needs to be refilled...

try to get 1g dextrose or simple carbs/kg body weight and around 30 % as much protein (slow digesting) directly after workout

and the same amount around 60-90 minutes later...

read the pre/post workout article

Back