question about protein supplements

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([xeno]Julios @ June 08 2004,1:17)]So i'll be using water to start.
I hope you can handle the taste, it's gonna be pretty rancid with just the water. )c:

I think it is definitely a good idea to get a caisen protien supplement. Or a combo at least. People who are recommending him to get his slower digesting protien from a food source need to keep in mind a couple of factors. One is conveicne and the second one is the food sources may not be the best thing for ya. Cottage cheese for example has a ton of sodium in it and beef jerky is also loaded with sodium and additives that are bad for you like MSGs. Besides, what is whey and casien protein suppliments anyway? It is just food and is probably closer to a real food source than half the proccesed crap you can get at the store anyway.

No offence to anyone here, but I feel you are forgetting about one of the best slower acting protein supplements available, namely 100% pure liquid egg whites. Xeno, try mixing this with a scoop of whey protein for a combination of the "best of both worlds". Cottage cheese is also a very good idea. I'm not sure what brand of cottage cheese you are buying, but cottage cheese is in fact extremely protein dense. I use the dry curds, which contain 22 grams of protein in just half a cup. I am a big supporter of the "whole food" idea, and find it is a lot easier on the pocket book as well. If you are sick of using regular milk, try using almond milk in your shakes, it tastes great and offers a wide arrray of valuable nutrients. If you're looking to make a meal replacement shake, throw in some raw oatmeal, fruit, ground flax as well as some cinnamon and some vanilla and you're set. I use this everday and have found it to be extremely convenient, as well as being the perfect meal replacement for putting on muscle. Just my opinion, I hope this helps.

Back