Question for those on Zone Diets?

ttboyy2k

Hello Everyone!
Can you reach your muscular genetic potetial on Dr. Barry Sears diet plan The Zone? It is such a low calorie plan. I'm sure it is good for dieting down but what about bulking. I am currently on a CKD diet and am thinking about changing over to something different. Just wondering if anybody has had any success with the Zone Diet for bulking.
Thanks Tommy

I guess this is where I chuck in my 2c since Im the resident Zoner!

Ok, I dont think the zone is gonna do anything another diet with adequate protein and calories wont.

For bulking with the zone, you need to set the protein at 1g/pd, match up the carbs with the proper ratio, and then you have two options...

1.Sears recommends doubling the mono fat blocks to bring the calories up past maintenance (basically add fat until your ~500 cals above)

2.Stick with the proper zone ratios but add a heavy (~500 cal) carb load after workouts/ one meal per day. Jules and I agreed that this may be better since carbs are very important to replenish before the body cares much about building.

I tried option 1 and got 8 pds of bodyweight with ~50/50 muscle to fat from one HST cycle.

Haven't tried option 2 yet because once your 'in the zone' the carb load really knocks me out (groggy/mind fog etc.)

For losing, I think the zone rocks. Never hungry, no loss of strength/energy, no cravings. In my experience it 'defeats' the leptin problems.

Back