r-ala effectiveness

llb4

could someone explain or point me to studies that show that r-ala won't affect fat cells as much as muscle. i've read studies that indicate that r-ala doesn't help insulin-sensitive muscle load but rather it can help with insulin-resistant muscle. wondering if r-ala as a glucose transport is overrated. i like its other benefits ie. liver help, antioxident etc, but just wondering about its ability to load only muscle and not fat cells. thanks.

Don't know the studies, never read them. I do know Glucophase, a DS product that contains K-R-ALA and a few other ingredients, made me go hypoglycemic when I took too many of them.

thanks, hypoglycemia is no fun
dozingoff.gif
anyone else with thoughts on the matter?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't know the studies, never read them. I do know Glucophase, a DS product that contains K-R-ALA and a few other ingredients, made me go hypoglycemic when I took too many of them.

well thats what the product is supposed to do...just watch dosage (but most people who try glucophase have problems with this... maybe its just too effective lol)

anyway, someone told me to choose ala over r-ala - because r-ala might be the purer version and not raise insuline as ala does to a (insignificant) degree but during the process to create r-ala a lot of it is destroyed and the r-ala will be left very unstable...

the conclusion is that if you take ala it is probably not as concentrated but you will end up having more ala reaching the target ala dosing depending on body weight and carb intake 500-1000mg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (llb4 @ Nov. 23 2005,10:16)]could someone explain or point me to studies that show that r-ala won't affect fat cells as much as muscle. i've read studies that indicate that r-ala doesn't help insulin-sensitive muscle load but rather it can help with insulin-resistant muscle. wondering if r-ala as a glucose transport is overrated. i like its other benefits ie. liver help, antioxident etc, but just wondering about its ability to load only muscle and not fat cells. thanks.
It doesnt, it increases glucose uptake in both muscle and adipose

Back