Supplements for EBV/CFS

Bobby Baccala

Greetings,

I just started an HST cycle after feeling I was burned out and overtrained from other routines.  Then last week I went to the doctor with swollen glands and a fever.  It turns out I have the Epstein-Bar virus which causes chronic fatigue syndrome.  According to the doctor, there is no treatment for this except rest, proper diet and vitamins.  He also said that I can exercise 3x a week for an hour or less each time, so I can get back to HST.  

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any herbal/holistic treatments for CFS.  Or atleast any herbal supplements that might boost my energy levels since I am tired and drained all the time.  I was also advised to cut my caffeine intake so I can't use stacker/ripped fuel/xenedrine or similar supplements for energy.

There is little research that conclusively shows a diet/supplement will help with cfs. There is a little bit with omega 3's but they havent been repeated by anyone, so while it may work with some specific population, it may not work with others.

follow a good diet with lots of fruits an veges, good proteins yada yada yada
ensure adequate omega 3s
train (meant to help according to somre research)

Back