Supplements for Joints

thehamma

My joints are killing me.  Especially my knees.  When I squat I feel like my kneecaps are gonna burst out of my skin and shoot across the gym.  Can anyone recommend any supplements that can promote joint health or strengthen them, if it is possible?

thehamma

1)there are no such things as joint supplements.
2)have you checked your techniques?
3)It may be in your knees, use alternative sets
4)Possible use of knee wraps?

For osteoarthritis, ie a degenerative joint disease, there is a number of 'joint' supplemnets.

The predominant ones being glucosamine and Chrondrotin, MSN is another potential therapy.

May or maynot help a 'healthy' joint, but certainly cannot hurt. Adequate fish oils may also provide a benefit.

I found Omega Sports' Flex X Support to be a great pain reliever and antiinflamatory supplement. Celadrin, chondrotin and MSM are the three ingredients in that product. Add some glucosamine to that product and it's great for joints. Cissus RX is another product people seem to have some success with, but I've never tried it personally. It's claim is to strengthen bone and connective tissues.

Thanks a lot for the help guys I appreciate it.
What does
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3)It may be in your knees, use alternative sets
mean? Can you expand on that for me please?

thanks
thehamma

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thehamma @ Sep. 13 2005,8:04)]Thanks a lot for the help guys I appreciate it.
What does
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3)It may be in your knees, use alternative sets
mean? Can you expand on that for me please?
thanks
thehamma
I meant that maybe you should use other movements rather than squats...

Back