Tendon Strength

Jon Stark

Not to dwell on my recent tear... but naturally I am curious about supplements that will strengthen tendons and connective tissue and accelerate healing of such tissues.

I know the 15s phase of HST is intended to strengthen connective tissues, and I'll certainly think twice before skipping these in future training.

But what supplements would you recommend (in addition to the lactic acid build-up caused by high-rep work)? And in my particular case, are any of these supplements safe to take while healing from surgery?

Here's the stuff I am wondering about:
- Glucosamine
- Chondroitin
- MSM
- Vitamin C

Anything else?

The following is a post on avantlabs.com website on improving joints.

I am not sure if tendon qualifies as part of "joint" but perhaps it will turn out to be helpful.

==========================================

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
A question was posted recently on another popular board for joint pain remedies and although I was tempted to reply, I will post it here for this board's benefit.

Here are some of my most prized joint pain remedies:

Cetyl Myristoleate---Demonstrates fast-acting, long-term joint pain relief for a large percent of users. 15-22 grams (spread out over 2 weeks to 1 month) of a high quality brand can give rather effective pain relief. I've seen it permanently get rid of some types of joint pain. It is best if stacked with some glucosamine. Best taken on an empty stomach at night and first thing in the morning. Downside: cost, and finding a high quality brand.

DMSO---It should not be advocated for use as a pain reliever, since it is not approved for this sort of use. It is a solvent ONLY. The health food stores sell it for this purpose however. I use it for my own occasional joint pains. Does not have the same long lasting effect as Cetyl Myristoleate, but tends to give rapid relief for a few hours. Downside: garlic breath.

Pure Emu Oil---the active ingredient in Amazing Blue Stuff. Works best on muscle and ligament problems. Increased usage tends to give longer lasting results. High in oleic acid. Downside: very expensive.

Is it any coincidence that two of the three things I mentioned are apparently effective transdermal agents?

I am not forgetting about MSM, Glucosamine and others. These are popular products on the retail shelves and I often get patients who have tried these products to no avail. So the above things that I recommend often have worked well in light of no real relief from the readily available stuff.

[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Has anyone used the &quot;Amazing Blue stuff&quot; and what did it do for you. I got an email about something like it called &quot;Super Blue stuff&quot;. It's much cheaper and contains Emu oil and &quot;natural herbs&quot;. I'm just wondering it the transdermal carrier is the same as the original.

Steve

Thanks guys!

Yeah Steve, I saw an Amazing Blue stuff infomercial and, embarassing as it is to admit, I was somewhat intrigued myself.

Back