too much fibre?

cheen

After adding up (450grams of cauliflower/carrots/brocolli) and 250 grams of spinach + oats/berries etc my fibre works out to be around 60grams on a 3200cal bulking diet. Is this too much? Can I reduce the vege intake? Looking for ideal here.

Maintinence on old 5 day split seemed to be around 2800, will 3200 be enough on a 6 day full body split or should I consider more cals?

I'm not sure how much is too much but what i can tell you is that you can listen to your body to know how its reacting. I know for most people fiber makes you crap and fart like crazy, so if your bowles are going nuts I would say take it down a bit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TylerDurden @ April 28 2005,4:23)]I'm not sure how much is too much but what i can tell you is that you can listen to your body to know how its reacting. I know for most people fiber makes you crap and fart like crazy, so if your bowles are going nuts I would say take it down a bit.
I think this is more dependant on the type of fiber you are ingesting. Different fibers have different fermentation rates, some hardly ferment at all. The ones that ferment seem to add the least to stool bulk but produce some unsavory side effects.

There is no ceiling as far as I am aware, but the minimums are established and 60 grams a day is well above the minimum.

But whether there are bad effects or not, the one constant remains, unless you stay indoors by yourself all day, farting can be annoying and embarrassing (to some) so as Tyler puts it "listen to your body". So unless you are causing noses to wrinkle and plants to wilt at work, eat up.

Back