Ephedra, Caffeine, Aspirin

Considering they just boost your metabolism and don't really effect your hormones, I don't see how they would be in the same class of steroids, hgh, igf, etc. Otherwise, you may as well say that you aren't natural if you've ever drank a cup of coffee or taken a pill for a headache.

I guess it depends at what you consider "natural".
Asprin and other NSIADs (nonsteroidial anti-inflammatory drugs) inhibit a key enzyme in in prostaglandin synthesis without affecting synthess of the leukotrienes.

hGH on the other hand stimulate liver, muscle, bone, and other tissues to synthesize and secrete insulinlike growth factors and promote the growth of body cells, protien synthesis, and tissue repair.

While taking either one of these isn't "natural", the impact is very different.

Joe G

Bump to Tot. And I'd add in thermogenics in general, although I advise against ephedra (BAD for the heart! I know!)
And I'd say compounds like DHEA, or Tribulus (which don't work for most of us) that assist the body to produce NORMAL amounts of test aren't dirty either.

The difference between a natty BB'er and a 'roider? Roiders get FREAKY, natties just get pretty big.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">although I advise against ephedra (BAD for the heart! I know!)</div>
think so too !!! dont use it too long !
i`m using it only sometimes when i`m going out, with e-hcl i`m fit and awake....

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Jun. 19 2006,20:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In terms of natural bbing, its not so much if something is 'natural' its more that something is legal.</div>
Yeah, I never saw anyone with a 58&quot; chest from taking aspirin...
tounge.gif

<div>
(Maximuscrates @ Jun. 23 2006,22:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how does asprin help?</div>
Aspirin is a potentiator of the thermogenic effect of ephedra and the extra benefit of coronary prevention.

i personalyy would not tkae it as it effects de novo protein synthesis and may effect hormone functioning though in truth prob unnoticable effects

I have very recently started taking this as a way to keep up the metabolism and make sure i'm burning the fat rather than storing it. Only one tab every morning and at first the most undesirable effect was that i could feel a stronger pulse in my chest and a bit shaky. This has subsided over the course of a week and now i just feel it gives me an extra perk for my workouts. Either a run/skipping or weights I don't consume caffiene at any other time of day except the moderate amount in green tea and have no problems sleeping etc.
I train a fair deal and think that if there are no real heavy side-effects (that i notice) and it helps me train then why not. There was a time when i didn't use protein shakes as i felt it was almost cheating (as rediculous as that sounds). Now i use eca stack, protein shakes for convenience (90% protein shake so i'm getting a 'clean' source) and of course the suppliment i've found kames the most difference - creatine. And don't forget the glucosomine-chondroitin-msm tabs for the joints along with a little flax oil and fish oil tab with meals/snacks.
Why not? We are trying to get our bodies to do the most they are capable of (and possibly a little more) so use/try out the safe (what you deem to be safe) ways to boost your training and results.
What does everyone else think?

It's all very similar to our grandparents, using yellowdock, chamomile tea, and a thousand other herbs to assist their quality of living, general health, and healing. That was and is natural, and did not put the body in an exaggerated hormonal state. I think that is the key to the descriptions: the hormonal state being normal to high normal or extremely elevated.
Nothing you're taking is out of the ordinary or will put you in such an elevated state of being. It IS, however, a good looking profile. Creatine is your strongest supp, and is accepted due to moderate results, safety, and lack of side effects or chemical recompositioning, IMO.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Jun. 19 2006,20:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In terms of natural bbing, its not so much if something is 'natural' its more that something is legal.</div>
Exactly

Ephedrine is still banned by the WNBF, INBF, INBA, NGA and most other natural BB groups.

If you're just a guy trying to improve your physique, is it worth it?

<div>
(Maximuscrates @ Jun. 24 2006,03:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how does asprin help?</div>
The asprin can double the effect. Makes it last longer.

How about Clenbuterol? Same league as Ephedrine?

i would think that if the term &quot;Natural&quot; were to include Ephedra, Caffeine, Aspirin then we would be hard pressed to find more than a handfull of &quot;Natural&quot; bodybuilders. And before too long the use of gloves in the weight room would have you on the banned list as well...

<div>
(Bison @ Mar. 12 2007,17:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The asprin can double the effect. Makes it last longer.

How about Clenbuterol? Same league as Ephedrine?</div>
Are you certain about this?Most likely, aspirin can burn a hole through your gut, and it wasn`t proven to help with the stack(most ppl are doing only EC nowadays, as a consequence).

Back