female dietry requirments

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Mar. 16 2004,11:54)]Um, you went off on another tangent obviously
I was taking exception to your comment
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Body fat doesn't affect RMR
which it clearly does in the people I was talking about, the obese.
Well, we've already agreed that even for the obese there are conflicting studies, let's not go back to this again, because I can keep quoting studies and textbooks that agree with me, and I'm sure that you can do the same.

But you actually posted in response to my saying this:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]For beginners, the first step would be estimating bf level & lean mass and working from there (there are several formulas for estimating your caloric needs from lbm)

...which is a position I still hold.

Caloric estimation from BW is easier and simpler as you say, but I never said it was not easier. What I said is that it is less accurate, even if we account for all the assumptions in bf estimation. :)

You realise I have listed most of the studies (at least the decent ones) in the direct area you are talking about? apart from some of the older research. Books are next to worthless :) because I can go from clinical nutrition textbooks taht follow my lead :)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What I said is that it is less accurate, even if we account for all the assumptions in bf estimation
caloric estimation from LBM in obese subjects is less accurate than using something taht includes FM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Mar. 17 2004,4:22)]caloric estimation from LBM in obese subjects is less accurate than using something taht includes FM.
And I will assume here that by "something that includes FM" you don't want to mean bodyweight, since it obviously "includes" FM :D

you bunch of loonies!
tounge.gif

Back