sweetener 950 and 951 in Protein supps

neville

Hi,

The artificial sweeteners 950 and 951 as found in diet cokes to make a zero sugar product are also common in Protein supplements.

There are sites on the internet that claim these sweeteners are causes of brain tumours.

How credible are these claims?

Thanks, Neville.

No...

well maybe if you a rat, and take in about 500x the maximum recommended dose or something equally stupid

It all depends on what other chemicals that is included in the mix and how your body deals with them.
My wife is a cancer research nurse (clinical trials) at the University Of Florida and I hear a lot about cancer on a daily basis .
The reaction in the body depends on the individuals resistance to the chemicals.
950= Acesulphame and 951= Aspartame.
I assure you that that they can trigger cancer in some people..
Are you willing to take the chance?
The have a near epidemic in the world today with all types of cancers
Mostly because of all the NON-Natural things we consume in our diet.
You are what you eat.
I could go on and on about this subject, but to answer you question
YES and NO.
Here are a few of the “minor” associations..
You draw your own conclusions.
951 Aspartame
May provoke a variety of health effects from headaches, blurred vision, seizure, numbness, insomnia, memory loss, eye problems, hyperactivity, rashes, ear ringing, slurred speech.
950 Acesulphame K
Can stimulate insulin and aggravate hypoglycaemia.
Now for the rest of the story
Food for thought …………
Where would the big drug companies be with out cancer?
You guessed it ..BROKE !

One other thing
“Splenda“ is the only sweetener that is”natural” and can be given to children and pregnant women.
Give it a try .

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sonny @ Sep. 23 2004,8:29)]It all depends on what other chemicals that is included in the mix and how your body deals with them.
My wife is a cancer research nurse (clinical trials) at the University Of Florida and I hear a lot about cancer on a daily basis .
The reaction in the body depends on the individuals resistance to the chemicals.
950= Acesulphame and 951= Aspartame.
I assure you that that they can trigger cancer in some people..
Are you willing to take the chance?
The have a near epidemic in the world today with all types of cancers
Mostly because of all the NON-Natural things we consume in our diet.
You are what you eat.
I could go on and on about this subject, but to answer you question
YES and NO.
Here are a few of the “minor” associations..
You draw your own conclusions.
951 Aspartame
May provoke a variety of health effects from headaches, blurred vision, seizure, numbness, insomnia, memory loss, eye problems, hyperactivity, rashes, ear ringing, slurred speech.
950 Acesulphame K
Can stimulate insulin and aggravate hypoglycaemia.
Now for the rest of the story
Food for thought …………
Where would the big drug companies be with out cancer?
You guessed it ..BROKE !
I agree about aspartame. I personally cannot handle aspartame. Every time I consume it, it gave me the runs.

Although, Splenda and sucralose don't bother me a bit.

And you are dead right about the drug companies being no where without cancer, though, I should caution that it can be a logical traop to avoid looking at institutions and instead make those connections.

A better approach in my mind is to understand the system and pressures the drug companies are under and the profit demands they are also under. Otherwise you run the risk of suggesting or thinking that the drug companies are somehow conspiring to make cancer exist, which is highly unlikely. Just because an outcome occurs, and it helps out a large institution of private power (ala a multinational corporation), does not mean that one is the direct cause of the other, or that the Multi National Corp (MNC) has the ability to control EVERYTHING.

That's the difference between a conspiracy and an analysis of institutional power. Power is important, very important in fact. But it shouldn't be confused with being in total control of everything... sorry, I know i'm off on a rant.... but I don't know much about bodybuilding and a fair amount about matters like this.

Back