your results with HST...

Ok, I am now finishing my fourth HST cycle and this is my progress report, as well as a mean of sharing what I learned in these past four cycles.

These last two cycles have been a very hard on me. The previous one was pretty much ruined by my shoulder injury, and in this one I had a rumble with higher volume HST that left me in a relatively bad shape.

Still the results have been good and I thought I would make a balance of what I've gained since last august, which is the date of the oldest measurements I could find (I wonder why I didn't put these things in the computer right from the beggining).

So, this last cyle I'm still one or two workouts from finishing, was a pretty weird one. I started the cycle doing 2 sessions a day. Now, instead of putting to use what I have learned in the past about my reaction to higher volume routines, I decided to double the volume I used to do, so it ended being two sessions of 14 sets. Now, to some this probably won't seem like such overkill(after all, Brian himself uses up to 30 something sets per day), but to me it is too much. Half these workouts were done at home, with some barbells, plates adjustable dumbells and a bench I brought. Needless to say, me going crazy with my new toy was half the problem.
So, after five weeks of twice a day training I gained an outstanding zero pounds. I kept going thinking next workout my gains would surely explode, but they didn't.

At the end of this week I came down with bronquitis. Being an asthmatic, this was extremely problematic. In the workouts previous to my forced break, I had to sit down for 3 or 4 minutes for my breath to catch up so I could put the plates away. The asthma attacks I had in the following days were the worst I had in many years. I suspect now that I broke the 200 pound barrier, my body is needing a lot more oxigen and when I have asthma, the once limited but enough oxigen, is clearly unsuficient to go around all this body mass. I had to take antibiotics to treat the infection. I didn't sleep almost anything for almost one week. I also didn't train during the first 6 days of treatment.

By this time I was exactly were I started, 88 kg.

Now for the good part. After I resumed training I started my old low volume HST routine, I didn't do more than 14 sets and did as litle as 6 sets in the last negatives workout. I also started creatine supplementation which surely contributed for the 3 kg (6.6) pounds in gained in these following 4 weeks.

So the lesson learned is:

1-I have a very limited tolerance to volume
2-4600-5000 kcals seem not to be enough to meet my metabolism caloric demands when doing twice a day traning.
3-Regardless of frequency used, I always seem to burn out to some degree around week 5, I noticed this on other cycles too, and in my first two I even had to finished them at around this time. From now on, I will intencionaly incorporated a strategicaly placed week of zig-zagging around this time to allow some CNS fatigue recovery to take place.

4-I have to lose weight and increase my cardiovascular conditioning.

As for results, thanks to HST I finally broke the 200 pound barrier. In 8 months of HST I gained 24 pounds with a 2-3% increase in fat mass. I was 176 14-15% when I started, cut to 12% around august and am now 200-202 pounds at around 16%-17%-. These numbers are from a bio impedance device so they're not to be taken too seriously. They are simply a tool to monitor increases/decreases in fat mass.

As for some measurements Here they go:

29-08-2002:

All rested except biceps

-----------left-----------------------right
Biceps---40.2 cm (16.08 inches)----40 cm (16 inches)
Quads----63.5 cm (25.4 inches)----63.5 cm (25.4 inches)
Calf------36.5 cm (14.6 inches)----36.5 cm (14.6 inches)
Waist-----99.5 cm (39.8 inches)-Fully extended.

Unfortunately, these were all the measurements I took at this point.

I do have some other measurements from 31-09-2002 which have chest and neck measured, they were 114 cm (45.6 inches) for chest and 44.5 cm (17.8 inches) for neck.

Current measurements (15-12-2002):

--------------Left------------------right
Biceps-----42.5 cm (17 inches)---42 cm (16.8 inches) + 2.3 cm (0.98 inches) and + 2 cm (o.8 inches)
Quads------66.5 cm (26.6 inches)-66 cm (26.4 inches) + 3 cm (1.2 inches) and + 2.5 cm (1 inch)
calf--------37.3 cm (14.92)-------37.3 cm (4.92) + 0.8 cm (0.32 inches) and + 0.8 cm (0.32 inches)
waist-------103 cm (41.2 inches)-Fully extended or 99 cm (39.5 inches) normal + well, nevermind....
chest-------116 cm (46.4 inches) + 2 cm (0.8 inches) in two and a half months
Neck--------46 cm (18.4 inches) + 1.5 cm (0.6 inches) also in two and a half months

As you can see I can't really complain. Calfs are still a complete disgrace (I must be the only guy I know with larger arms than calfs). I am a fat @$$ by anyone's standarts and have to start cutting soon. I am dedicating at least 6 or 7 months to thsi next year. Hopefully I won't lose much size on most of my body as I only seem to store fat in the abdominal area. Though I'm around 17%, you can't pinch of significant amount of fat from my arms and legs.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributes on this board, and of course a big thank you for Brian, without whom this wouldn't be possible.

Hi everybody,

Although I’ve been following the discussions here for almost 11 weeks, I’m new to this forum. My English might not be perfect since I’m a French speaking person… Please accept my apologies.

I finished my first HST cycle a week ago, and decided to post some of my results. :)

I’m a male actor-director-teacher, studying part time, 29 years old, 5’8’’, small frame. Very fast metabolism. The kind of guy which would normally be considered a “hard gainer”.

October 15, 2002: I am 130-131 lb (went down to 124 lb a year ago)
crazy.gif

December 6, 2002: being very systematic in following the HST principles, and using creatine for the LAST 3 WEEKS of the 8 weeks cycle, I now weight 142-144 lb. I admit that I put on a LITTLE bit of fat. So, my guess is that I put on approximately 9-10lb of lbm in 8 weeks**, maybe more. First time in my whole life.

Before that, for years, I have been doing resistance exercises using only gravity (hand stands, push-ups, chins…). During these years, my goal was mainly to achieve appropriate fitness for dancing and acting. During the 2002 summer, determined to put on some additional weight, and after some research, I have used the Heavy Duty principles (Mike Mentzer) for 3 months (July to October) : “hard”, brief, infrequent trainingsw, etc. Although I got much stronger (which was partly because of neural adaptation), I only gained 1-2 lb of muscles, and some fat… And that’s being generous – sometimes I actually felt like I was loosing muscles.

HST gave me results more than 3 times better** than Heavy Duty (in 2/3 of the time)… How do people actually build muscles with the Heavy Duty “system”? I have no idea… Maybe it’s the placebo effect… that didn’t work with me even though I was ready to believe Heavy Duty would do the job. I have been very honest and followed exactly what was recommended. I went as far as training once every 8 days (and still, it seemed like I was still overtrained since my gains were so small… according to Mentzer’s theory). And for the DOMs advocates: God was I sore after these trainings… But, as I said, almost no gains. After three months (12 weeks), I was almost ready to try the Static Contractions protocol by Sisco, but the HUGE inaccuracies in his system (i.e.: comparing a muscle to a rope… the bigger the rope, the stronger…) coupled with the HUGE marketing machine behind the whole thing held me back… long enough for me to find HST which made much more sense AND was free.

So, what did I learn through this pretty successful (but incomplete until the end of the 2nd/3rd cycle) HST experiment? In order to gain lbm, one needs to follow the principles laid down by the HST protocol and EAT WELL. I ate every 2-3 hours (protein : 1g/lb, + carbs and fats), about 3000-3500cal./day, 5-6 meals a day) and trained every 2 days, using increasingly heavy loads over the specified period of time. I’m now in the strategic deconditioning phase – I’ll take 1,5 or 2 weeks off – to allow my body to become sensitive again to the resistance-training stimulus.

“Pre-conclusion”: if you SYSTEMATICALLY apply the principles sorted out by Bryan (thank you very much), eat a sufficient amount of calories (and this appears to be VERY IMPORTANT for thin people: the only weight gains I experienced on Heavy duty was while eating A LOT – see also the **), composed of proteins, carbs and good fats (monounsaturated, omega 3…), and if you’re not sick (flue, aids, type I diabetes, etc.) I don’t see how this system can’t work. But I’ll be able to drawn real conclusions for myself, using more data, when I’ll finish my 2nd or even 3rd or 4th cycle…

I’d like to thank every body in this forum, and especially Bryan who’s being so generous in sharing his knowledge with us all.

Manic

** I have estimated that about 2-3 lb of gains are from creatine, BUT even in the first 5 weeks, without creatine, I put on an average of 1,5 lb per week and put on less weight on the last three weeks. Strength went though the roof but no great weight gains… There might be 2 reasons for that: too long/too intense workouts (I took advantage of the extra strenght creatine provided me with), and/or not enough calories intake. So, next time, I’ll eat even more at the end of the cycle, will drop one or two exercises and will not augment the weights even if I can lift more... Working out to failure, except for exhausting me, definitely doesn’t seem to add much to the muscular hypertrophy experience…

Alright, I'll start this off by saying I'm still high from the EC I ingested before my workout so I might be rambling a bit - but I'm actually also still high from the impressive gains I've made!

As some of you know, I did an AAS+HST cycle this summer that got me up to about 255lbs. Due to several personal obstacles (illness, money, girlfriend, loss of friend etc) I lost a great deal of weight and strength after my cycle and into the SD period. Things got sorted out eventually, and I now live in a new city with my girlfriend with a PT business getting better day by day with clients from all around the world. Training at a new gym is also a matter of adjustment, but I am at least not the biggest guy here as in my previous gym (a couple of IFBB pros here) and that is motivational to me
thumbs-up.gif

Today was my last workout of my 3rd HST cycle (all natural), and I gained about 18lbs - which basically means I gained back all my losses and then some - putting me at 260lbs with only 2mm+ on ab caliper measurements. (approx 8-10%bf). Still have problems getting food down, but I'm satisfied nonetheless.

My workout:

Smith Squat
Leg Curl
Incline Press in Panatta machine
Chins
Dips
Supported T-bar rows
Donkey Calves
Overhead triceps extensions
Close-grip Preacher curls alternate workouts with Incline Hammer DB
Side Laterals machine
Reverse Flyes in machine
Some forearm and ab work non-HST

As mentioned before, I didn't calculate any RMs this cycle - and started off most exercises lower than previously, incrementing 5% - but sometimes repeating loads on exercises which "lagged behind". Number of sets were also adjusted according to the 'feel' of the muscle, as discussed in respective threads - but 1-2 sets on every exercise in general+drop sets and tripledrops on the latter part of my cycle (on 5s and negs).

Reps were the traditional 15/10/5/neg, but I ended a rep phase once rep speed deteriorated - as most of you probably know by now. This turned out to be 5 workouts of 15s, 5 workouts of 10s, and god knows how many workouts of 5s (I actually did 5s all the way through on some exercises). During 5s, I sometimes added extra rest days - actually had 3 rest days between a couple of workouts.

I impressed the hell out of myself the last couple of weeks - I thought I had maxed out on a couple of exercises, but convinced myself to keep increasing the loads - and I always managed to get the reps!

Just to give you an idea:
480lbs for 5 reps in Incline Press (a machine, but still an estimated 80-90% transference) with a triple drop of 350lbs for 7 and 280lbs for 8.
Preacher curls of 200lbs for 3 unassisted+3 eccentrics and dropset
Chins bw+180lbs for 2 unassisted+4 eccentrics and dropset of 15 reps bw only.
Dips bw+200lbs for 3 unassisted+3 eccentrics and tripledrop
400lbs one-legged donkey calf raises (standing bent-over with weight over the hips) with dropset

Funny situation: this 6'3 320lbs monster (who I know for a fact does 2-2.5g/week of AAS year-round with GH, and is kind of an arrogant a$$) finished up a set of supported T-bar rows panting and sweating like he was ready to die. I asked him if he was done, and he replied "sure," and started to unload the bar. I interrupted him saying "no, just leave it" - added a 45 and repped out the same number of reps. I didn't notice it then, but my girlfriend told me later that he had watched me with this dumb look on his face, then walked away grumbling cusswords to himself...

Made my day.
laugh.gif

I have 4 clients and my girlfriend on the program, everyone is loving it.

This advertisement has been funded by....just kidding!!!

Regards,

Blade

(note: I posted this in a separate thread)

Alright, I've just finished my first real cycle. Before this one, I did an entire cycle of finding which weights to use as well as learning some new exercises. Anyway, I think I did alright this time.

My first set of measurements were taken on October 11 and the new set of measurements is from December 20. These are the differences:

chest:
(relaxed) = + 3/4 "
(expanded) = + 1/4 "

waist = - 5/8 "

arms:
right = + 1/4 "
left = + 1/8 "

forearms:
right = no change
left = no change

thighs:
right = + 7/8 "
left = + 1/8 "

calves:
right = + 1/8 "
left = + 1/8 "

wrists:
right = + 1/8 "
left = - 1/8 "

ankles:
right = - 1/8 "
left = -1/4 "

weight = + 7 lbs
body fat % = - 0.5 %
LBM = + 6.9 lbs
Body fat = + 0.1 lbs

I admit there are some oddities and inconsistencies with my measurements but I think, all in all, I gained a good amount of LBM with little body fat.

Thanks to everyone on this forum and, of course, to Bryan Haycock,

Sean

Blade -- those are awsome weights! We want pics of the new Blade.

And Sean great results 1/4 on your arm -- good stuff.

Bob

Results after cycle #3

I don't have anything in the way of measurements ... I was too lazy to take them and I am not so sure that I would always measure the same way, every single time around.

My only "true" guides are my strength gains; which have definately come about!

Here are three exercises that I have used for all three cycles; the first was a six-weeker, the second a four, and the most recent was an eight-weeker:

Cycle #1 Cycle #3
Squat 5x225 6x245
Incline Bench 4x225 6x225
SL Deadlift 5x205 6x225

Between the first and third cycles, I learned a lot about what works for me and what doesn't. For starters, my exercise choices have undergone quite a bit of changes.

I eliminated some exercises that hurt too much to do (dips and direct bicep work), changed the way I did others (eg. pullovers... from Nautilus, to using a straight bar and a low pulley, to finally going back to good-old dumbells), and then added some (front squats, seated calve presses) to bring up to par weak areas.

I have also changed my rep schemes a bit; this last cycle I did four, two-week microcycles of 12, 10, 8 and 6 repetitions. This meant for a lot of zig-zagging of poundages, but my body really responded well to the constantly waving loads. Next time around, I plan on adding a fifth cycle of 4's to see how this goes.

Finally, I cut back on the number of training days within a two-week microcycle. I now lift only five times (Mon, Wed, Sat, Tue, Fri) within a 14 day cycle vice the six that Bryan recommends. This REALLY made a difference as I got towards the end of my 8 and 6 rep microcycles.

I am now in day #4 of my 14 day deconditioning phase. Here is hoping to a succesful cycle #4!

Repost of a repost
crazy.gif

My expectations for this cycle were somewhat modest. I knew my holiday season was going to bring lots of cortisol, overwork, overeating and overpartying. I resolved to use HST to turn as much of the holiday poundage into muscle as possible.

I did my best to get the utmost out of the training part of HST while once again thumbing my nose at my diet. I eat well and often, I just eat a fair amount of junk, especially at this time of year.

Anyway, I'm up 5 pounds. Waist is up an inch.

Calves have gone from 17" to 17 3/8" +3/8

thighs are up 3/4" to 27 3/4"

chest up 1/2" to 46"

shoulders up 1/2" to 47 1/2"

upper arms up 1/2" to 14 7/8"

Not all of it has gone to my waist...

I will repost this to results thread soon. Astonishing results for a highly trained drug free middle-aged woman who eats like her teen-aged son.

:pictureOfALargeRedheadDoingTheSnoopyDance:

thank you, Bryan, thank you, thank you!

PS/ Having read a recent post by jules, I see that I have been flexing thighs and calves for measurements and I shouldn't have been. Those numbers are a little higher than they "should" be but I'll keep them for this post for comparison purposes, as that is how I've always measured them.

PPS/ Anyone who is having trouble completing a full SD should try the burn sets after the negs. I'm so grateful for the break right now and so are my joints...

Hello all,
I just thought that I would add my results in this thread as well. After months of minimal gains (2lbs in three months) and maximal plateau, I thought that I would try out this very logical program. I have completed my first 6 week HST cycle.
I did spend a lot of time reading the posts in this great forum. An abundance of expertise can be found here. I did increment by 5 lbs except for Bench and Legs, these were 10 lbs and 20 lbs, respectively. This resulted in some zig-zagging, but it has its purpose as well, a welcome break for your CNS for a couple workouts.
If the weight felt light, such as in the first week of each two week rep scheme, I would perform the exercise SLOW and add a second set. In the second week, 1 set giving 100% was all I wanted. I did go to failure on the last workout of each two week rep scheme.
I AM THRILLED WITH THE RESULTS!
Bench: + 20 lbs
Curls: + 15lbs
Rows: +15 lbs
etc., etc. Everything is up.
My weight has gone up 8 lbs! Wow, and I'm a hard gainer. I have never looked better.
I'm taking some well deserved SD (ouch, those 5 rep maxes were heavy).
DEFINATELY WILL BE CONTINUING THIS AMAZING PROGRAM!
THANKS BRIAN H. AND ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ADDED TO THIS FORUM!
Sincerely,
David :D :D :D

This is the short version, you can read the longer one here if you're interested:
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/cgi-bin....;t=1462
Because of the holidays and the flu, my second HST cycle had to end
early, with two more 5's workouts to go, and a week separating my last
two completed workouts. This is unfortunate because I could see my
gains increasing toward the end of the cycle and I know I had more to
come, but rather than try to pick up in the middle of 5's again I just
thought I'd do my 2 week SD and start again. Even though it wasn't a full
cycle, I thought I'd post my results.
Here's what happened, all measurements relaxed and cold except as
noted:
11/18/2002
146lbs
12 ¼ Bicep, right, 13 ¼ flexed
42 ¼ shoulders
38 ½ chest
33 waist
21 ¼ Thigh
13 Calf
1/7/2003
156lbs
12 ½ Bicep, right, 13 ½ flexed
42 ½ shoulders
39 ½ chest 42 flexed
34 waist
22 thigh
13 ½ calf
I did straight HST, 2 week SD, 15's, 10's, 5's. Most workouts used 2
sets on big movements, 1 on small, but going more by feel than any set
numbers on the second set. I also included holding a flexed position after
the last set of each muscle group so that I was sure I "felt" it in the muscle,
hoping to create some of the occlusion effects that have been discussed in
various threads. I threw in a lighter weight "burn" set during the 5's as well
immediately after my last exercise for each muscle.
Hopefully I'll be back with even better results from a full
cycle next time.
Thanks again to Bryan and everyone on the board
thumbs-up.gif

Arms up 1.5'', bodyweight up 15 lbs in 8 weeks!!!
happy.gif

I've used that catchy but true headline to make all this text more interesting for my fellow HST enthusiasts. ;)

I've started my first HST cycle on October 22nd after almost 80 days of SD (66 days of which I spent in Ireland, i.e. holidays :D ) and ended it on December 13th after 2 weeks of 15s, 2 weeks of 10s and 4 weeks of 5s. Why 4 weeks of 5s? Because I grossly underguesstimated my 5RMs, that's why.
dozingoff.gif

I trained Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the exception of the last 2 weeks of 5s when I trained more often, increasing the weights each time to reach my real 5RMs. In the last 2 workouts I tried to find my real 5 RMs, or at least get more accurate estimates.

I increased the weights every workout by about 3-4% of my 5RMs, working backwards from my 5RMs and progessed in a linear fashion with no zig-zagging. I've noticed that, while my guesstimated 5RMs were way too low, my 10RMs and especially my 15RMs were too high so I had to lower them during the cycle.

I've trained exclusively with MedX machines, 10 exercises each workout, 1 set each, i.e. 10 working sets per workout, no warmup sets. I've trained in a 'slow' 3s/3s and controlled fashion (I trained SS before so everything seemed fast). I DID get some joint problems in my right elbow and in my knees during the 15s (no typo) when training any faster than that - feel free to comment. :)

The exercises I did each workout:
Leg Press
Prone Leg Curl
Overhead Press
Torso-Arm AKA Pulldown, alternating with Seated Row
Seated Dip, alternating with Chest Press
Pullover
'Flyes'
Hip Extension, alternating with Lumbar Extension
Torso Flexion AKA Abs, alternating with Abdominal
Calf Raises

As I've already mentioned at the top of my post I spent about 11 weeks SDing. OK, going on holidays really isn't a very strategic form of deconditioning but it worked well enough. Due to that long period of non-training I had lost some weight and some muscle but unfortunately I don't have any pre- and post-SD (AKA -holiday) measurements except arms and bodyweight, so here they are:

pre-SD: 13.2'' 171 lbs
post-SD: 12.4'' 164 lbs
post HST: 13.9'' 179 lbs

Yes, you've read correctly, 1.5'' and 15 lbs in 8 weeks, half of them 'regained', half of them completely new.
happy.gif

My waist has gone up approximately 1-1.5'', judging by my trousers and by my belt. But I don't think that my bf percentage has gone up noticeably, perhaps a meager 0.5-1%. At least that's what my Tanita-style scale says which isn't accurate at all when it comes to total bf percentage. But I think it's sort of useful for determining if I'm getting fatter or leaner when comparing two measurments which are about 1 week apart from each other.

I've regained almost all of my former bodyweight and body measurements during those first 2 weeks of 15s. After that, progress slowed down a bit. I have to admit that I had trouble with my eating discipline. During the first 2 weeks it wasn't a problem at all but after that I often left out a meal - lazy me! :mad:
I was drinking a whey protein pre- and post-workout shake each time I worked out, adding 5g of creatine to the pre-workout one. And don't forget approximately 1 litre of olive oil that I drank in those 8 weeks and lots of cottage cheese.

Thanks to Bryan for 'inventing' HST and all the other people here whose very informative posts made it almost unnecessary for me to ask questions before doing my first HST cycle.

And sorry Bryan that I didn't take any before and after pictures. I just didn't think that HST would work that well. I'm quite sure that an 1.5'' increase in arm size would have been easily noticeable in a picture.

Any open questions? Feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer them.

Cycle 2 results!!! I'm (still) a 19-year-old college student. First background, then measurements, then pics. Yes, that's right, pics.

I didn't change much for the second cycle except that I added creatine. I did the following exercises, 1 set each, 15-10-5, and then continued for 2 week incrementing 5RM's:
Leg Press
SLDL
Calves
DB Flat Bench
Weighted Pullups
DB Incline Bench
DB Rows
Barbell Shrug
Bicep Curl
Weighted Dips
Ab Curl
Upright Rows
Wrist Curl

Measurements at 5'11":
Pre cycle 1 cycle 2 (+/- this cycle)
Weight 147 156 164
Neck 14.5 ? 15
Chest 37.25 38.25 39 (+3/4)
Shoulders 43.75 ? 46.25
R Upper Arm 12.75 13 13.75 (+3/4)
L Upper Arm 12.5 13 13 5/8 (+5/8)
R Forearm 11.25 ? 12
L Forearm 11 ? 11 5/8
Hips 35.75 ? 37.5
R Thigh 17.25 18 5/8 19.25 (+5/8)
L Thigh 17 18 5/8 20 (+1 1/8)
Calves (same) 14.25 14.75 15 (+1/4)
Waist 29.75 30.5 30.75 (+1/4)

The effect of creatine on my gains was unpredictable. In the case of arms it was a huge boon. Other bodyparts saw no change in growth rate, and others saw a lower growth rate. On the other hand, though, during my 5RM microcycle, I was ridiculously energized every single workout. I worked 3.5 times/week, and even added a second set to most compounds with almost negligible fatigue. I definitely managed to increment maxes. Here they are:

5RM's:
Leg Press 230->270
Bench Press: 145->155
Pullups: Bdy+25->Bdy+30 (13 lb. increase)
Dips: Bdy+30->Bdy+40 (18 lb. increase)

I'm not sure how to get all of the pics in on one post, so I'll start them now and do 1 per post. Thanks, all, and thanks Bryan. I'm about 2/3 of the way to where I want to be. Oh, and as to the pictures, the scale isn't the same. The after pictures I took closer, so naturally I'll look bigger. But look for thickening, changes in shape, etc.
Thanks all for making this message board great, and thanks Bryan for this ridiculously productive plan.
-Calkid

Whoa you weren't kidding about the leg development Calkid.
laugh.gif
Good job! You made some strong gains in your lat spread too.

cheers,
Jules

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Keebler Elf @ Jan. 16 2003,10:34)]...and now you have some glutes to hold your shorts up :D
Well done
thumbs-up.gif
LMAO, Keeb, now I have to emulate Calkids routine to get it back!
tounge.gif

Congrats Calkid. Very nice LBM gains. There is more where that came from. Keep up the good work.
Luck and Peace

Hi there.I´m new in this site and i´d like to know any doubts about HST.
How happen hypertofy whithout practice to fail?
How can I know if I advanced the form in my 10 RM?Only after the all cycle,in the time that
I´ll do the test of 15 RM,10 RM and 5 RM again for the new cycle?
what´ s the time to rest between the sequences..
What´ s the rhythmical executed in the movies?
Thank you for your attencion

In 3 HST cycles (2 - 8 week cycles, 1 - 6 week) I put on roughly 20 lb. of LBM, and about 10 lb. of fat. That's a pretty good ratio for me. Generally I don't gain anywhere near that much LBM and usually much more fat.

Right now I'm trying to cut down the fat gained, and then some :) I'm using HST training with a TKD diet. I'll report what happens.

I have been doing HST for a while now. I am on my fifth cycle now, and I am pleased with the gains I have made. My problem is this: many people post great results, me included, but do not post any pics, me included. A few have such as Calkid and Andre and that is great, but for all the great results posted there is very little to back them up and I feel that is why many people question the validity of the claims. Mstoppa claims a 2.5" increase in arm size in 2 months and at first you go holy crap, but how the heck do we know that is true? We don't. If a guy wants to sell you a car over the internet and swears it's a cherry but has no proof, would you buy it blindly? I wouldn't. I am challenging everyone here to send in pics of your results, me as well, so we can put to bed the accusations that we HST'ers overexagerate our gains and prove ourselves to the naysayers.
*Make sure you stand in the same place and are the same distance from the camera for each pic. If not, you will obviously look bigger or smaller in the after pics. And by all means, flex your muscles for the pic. Relaxed poses do not show much.

Back