what do You thing about pullover??

• Thread starter imported_dziewul
  • Start date
I

imported_dziewul

Is it good exercise for chest and back?

Now I'm doing 2 sets of bench press, 2 sets of chins and 2 sets of pullover.

Is it good for mass to do pullover?

Should I do 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of chins instead of?

What do you suggest?

dziewul

First of all, it is a compound exercise and we mainly recommend those over isolation ones.

It is almost like a forgotten one, as it is not often mentioned, it works the chest as well as the serratus muscles and a few others.

Check it out:DB pull over

Great allround exercise for chest and lats. Keep doing it. As Fausto says, it's a more or less forgotten exercise.

Regards,
/ R

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dziewul @ Oct. 06 2005,4:11)]Is it good exercise for chest and back?
Now I'm doing 2 sets of bench press, 2 sets of chins and 2 sets of pullover.
Is it good for mass to do pullover?
Should I do 3 sets of bench press, 3 sets of chins instead of?
What do you suggest?
Well, the HST program never suggests three sets of anything in one workout, so if you don't do pullovers I still wouldn't add sets to the other exercises. I'd add one set of something else.

My preference is for the pullover machine over dumbbells. I am able to hit the lats much harder, which is the primary goal, and put less stress on the shoulders. Arthur Jones, who invented the machine, called it the upper body squat.

I have a first generation pullover in my house, and I absolutely love it. It works my entire back, I can even get my traps sore on it. Dumbell pullovers are great, I get a pump in my entire upper body.

thehamma

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SDMuscle @ Oct. 06 2005,8:40)]Well, the HST program never suggests three sets of anything in one workout, so if you don't do pullovers I still wouldn't add sets to the other exercises. I'd add one set of something else.
HST does not suggest anything specific for sets. You can do three sets of everything if that is the sort of volume you are conditioned to handle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well, the HST program never suggests three sets of anything in one workout, so if you don't do pullovers I still wouldn't add sets to the other exercises. I'd add one set of something else.

I agree with Tot. Feel free to do as many sets as necessary for you to grow. Remember, HST is not about sets and reps, it is a method of training.

As for pullovers, I have never used them. I'm tossing around the idea of adding them in my 5s as a Giant Set

Back