protein and my waistline

ksteensma

I have been taking a protein supplement, and seen my waistline grow. I have tried 2 different brands now with the same effects.
I take it after my workout, 1 glass 50 grams protein, and 1 glass everyday between workout days.
It has 220 calories, 3grams fat, 6 grams carbs, besides the other nutritional b vitamins, and minerals. also add the fatfree milk.
WHY does it go right to my waist? Yea so I am 45 years old, but very active, 6 foot, 164 lbs. Lift 3-4 days a week, and my caloric intake is around 1800-2000 per day of good food. If I stop the protein, the waistline goes away slowly.
Has anyone else had this happen, and how do I get enough protein?

Sounds like it could be a problem with edema, or bloating. I don't know what could be in your supplement that could be causing you to do this, but you are probably just holding water.

Try getting ALL of your protein from whole foods, e.g. chicken breast, roast beef, tuna, eggs, etc. Remember you only need about 1g/lb of protein, so 170g shouldn't be that hard to get without powders.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ksteensma @ June 07 2004,8:48)]I have been taking a protein supplement, and seen my waistline grow. I have tried 2 different brands now with the same effects.
I take it after my workout, 1 glass 50 grams protein, and 1 glass everyday between workout days.
It has 220 calories, 3grams fat, 6 grams carbs, besides the other nutritional b vitamins, and minerals. also add the fatfree milk.
WHY does it go right to my waist? Yea so I am 45 years old, but very active, 6 foot, 164 lbs. Lift 3-4 days a week, and my caloric intake is around 1800-2000 per day of good food. If I stop the protein, the waistline goes away slowly.
Has anyone else had this happen, and how do I get enough protein?
I would suggest you use a protein supplement like Primer and Driver. They are designed specifically to be easy on the stomach and improve digestion.

Take 1 serving (~18-20 grams) before training with WATER. Then, take one serving of Driver immediately after training with WATER.

I know that it may sound biased and all but what am I supposed to do? Not tell anybody that they really do work?
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ June 09 2004,3:08)]I know that it may sound biased and all but what am I supposed to do? Not tell anybody that they really do work?
blush.gif
Not bias, fact.

Did the plus come out without such a bad after taste on the driver? That is the only reason I don't use driver anymore.

Back