10's kicking my butt

lizard

Blew through the 15's no problem. 1st week of tens kinda hard. BUT MY GOD the second week of 10's is killing me. I only have about 40 minutes to get through the entire workout.
My question is this Monday when I start my 3x5's should I cut the lifts down to the basics? Or should I toughen up and just attack it like a freaking madman?
rock.gif

Thanks for the help.

PS what in the world do you do on drops sets when you lift at 5:45 am and the only one in the gym?
rock.gif
?

<div>
(lizard @ Oct. 05 2006,10:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">PS what in the world do you do on drops sets when you lift at 5:45 am and the only one in the gym?
rock.gif
?</div>
Strip the weights yourself or use dumbells.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My question is this Monday when I start my 3x5's should I cut the lifts down to the basics?
try it if its to hard drop some isos.
</div>PS what in the world do you do on drops sets when you lift at 5:45 am and the only one in the gym??
use 2 bars
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Shut up and lift
smile.gif
And superset to save time.

The great thing about working out when there's no one else is you can grab 5 sets of dumbells and pile them on the ground near your bench...no one will complain

As to your question about the 5s... it would depend on what your routine looks like. You could keep your current routine, but only do 3x5 on the basics, and do 1x5 on all the rest, rather than dropping them completely.

Tot's opinion is right on the money! Drop down to 1 set if you have to on secondary exercises.

Your other problem could be that training that early in the morning often has the issue that your body is not quite ready for that amount of work.

In fact having read an article sometime ago about how your spine is relaxed early in the morning, some exercises are not recommended then, hypertextensions, good mornings, so SLDL's and Deads would also be a problem, take care!

You may be used to doing it though, so...this is just a tip and a warning to be careful with your back, maybe you should save those real biggies for later in the afternoon!
wink.gif

Back