15 RM day

sandmanss

Just wanted to clarify about going to failure. On the day you use your Max Weight for say 15 sets, each set should be done to failure correct? Today I did my first set of 15 easily. The 2nd set I went to failure around 10 reps. Is this right?

Ideally you should be hitting failure on your 15th rep. If you got 15 reps easily on your first set and only got 10 on your second set than I would say you need a longer break between sets.

You meant 15 reps* not set* right?

Joe G

Yeah I meant 15 reps. So I should rest long enough, within reason before attempting my 2nd set? And this ofcourse is to make sure I can get my 15 reps again for the 2nd set. Do I have it right here? Thanks for the help.

Yea thats it. If you can still not get 15 despite the rest you can cluster the set. Meaning: if you get 13 and you think you cant get another rep, put the weight back, rest for a minute, and do 2 more reps to get to 15.

Joe G

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ Oct. 21 2005,7:55)]Try to go just short of failure (by a rep to 2reps.)
You won't get into those really tougher reps until you start the second week of the cycle's for 15, 10 and 5, correct?

Otherwise, you are just building up progression in the workouts as you work towards tougher wait.

For example, I did my first 15 workout last Tuesday and although it was a good workout, when I would hit my 15th rep, it wasn't like I was struggling to crank it out.

But thats the idea of HST, right? Gradual weight progression?

just clayifing.

Jason

Back