15's, 10's or 5's? where do you see the most gains?

RafaelNadal

hey guys just curious to find out where you see the biggest gains in size during which rep range?
And is there usually a clear size gains after the 6-8 weeks(1cycle) or does it take 2 to 3 cycles to see noticeable gains
thanks Rafa

I would think the 10's and 5's... and it would depend on your current fitnes level and diet on how quickly you would see gains

I think looking for gains in a period as short as two weeks is a mistake. Gains happen over the long term. I look at gains over the course of a few months at a time, not two weeks. For instance, after the 15s you might think you've gained half an inch on your biceps but it is only more water and glycogen. Better to wait until after the cycle is over to determine size gains.

If you are really underweight, skinny, and very weak then you probably will notice gains over a cycle—IF you dial in your nutrition correctly. Otherwise, work hard for a year and see where you are then. If you are starting HST untrained then you could add a lot of muscle in a year BUT you have to train with consistency and eat well over that period of time. Once you have good form on all your key exercise movements, a better way to gauge progress from cycle to cycle is to look at load on the bar. Adding 10lb-20lb to your 5RM each cycle won't make you appear dramatically different in one cycle, but you will notice a difference over the course of a few cycles.

Back