15s vs paritals/pulses for compounds

Nemesis7884

what about an additional 15s set vs partials/pulses for compound exercises?

i personally feel that pulses/partials create much mor doms and you don't need to change weight (at least not for partials) - i just add em...sometimes even something like

5 set normal
5 partials
5 pulses
ls - everything without a break

what ya think? what yar experiences?

Nemesis

This will work but personally I only do them from the 5's onwards.

Yah, DOMS alright, dude, and therefore metabolic strain.

Nem

basically for chest/arms and lats.

A mixture of partials and pulses, depending on the mood, most times pulses, but will use partials for some like bench at times.

Since I don't write these on my program I just do what I feel for that particular day.

Lately for biceps for example I have been doing sets of 30, due to elbow problems, with lightish weights, 10 full reps, 10 hald down and 10 half up.

Feels fairly ok, oh and I threw in some thick foam grips which transfer the weight right back to the bi's, less emphasis on the forearms
happy.gif

Well that is just it I go by feel, not saying that is the way to go, but I like to thorw in a little extra when I am feeling up to it!

I use partials and pulses on my last workout of the week. So I have two days to recover from it. They definitly cause more strain on your system than just finishing 5 reps.

I find that it's very difficult to leave the gym without going till I feel completely dead. Something from my past has incorectly told my body if I don't leave completely drained I won't grow. But I can't do that working whole body 3 days a week so I do it just on the 3rd workout of the week.

This past weekend I ended up sleeping almost 10 hours a night to feel rested but when I went into the gym today I was over 2 lbs heavier than last week!! Great stuff!!!

u usually add paritals and pulses upon finishing your regular sets or do you sometimes als substitue them?

5 rm X 3 sets
5 partiasl
10-15 pulses

or

5 rm x 1-2 sets
5 paritals x 1-2 sets
10-15 pulses

??

Nem

I almost never substitute, simply add to whatever was on the program.

...I'd say choice 1.

and it depends on mood and availability of partner
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

I'm not sure there's a difference in metabolic stress achieved, if that's the goal here.

Just get the burn from 15s, partials, pulses...whichever suits.

Back