1st cycle completed

T-man

I really liked the structure of the HST workouts. Started at 225lb bodyweight six weeks ago and finished at 229.6lb (6' tall and 52 years old). I can see a slight change in my body and my wife agrees, but it's a marathon and not a sprint. Still way too much fat, though. At the outset, I went 3 sessions to find my 15/10/5RM for each lift. I enjoyed the cycle and hit all my RM weights, and actually exceeded on a few of the 5RM. Since my wife and I will be going on vacation for a week and no opportunity to work out, I'll do a 9 day SD starting today. I'll be adding weight to all lifts for the next cycle. I plan to stay with the same ones because time did not permit me to determine RM's for new ones. For the 3rd cycle, I plan to switch from triceps pressdowns (210lb 5Rm) and lat pulldowns (150 5RM) to dips and pullups. I think I'll try to cut on that one as well. All the cycles are planned out to the end of 2011 with a few modifications necessary to accomodate vacation time.

Hi T-man. Good to hear it's working for you. And I don't think anyone here will argue with switching to dips and pullups.
Anything in particular you wanted comments on? ..Or just sharing you success.

Back