1st HST Cycle

mccann

Hi guys I'm new to the forum!

Going to start my first HST cycle soon but I first need to be sure of a few things. Firstly, should I allocate a day to find each of my rep maxes or all in one day? and once I've found them should I then begin my SD?

Thanks

Take a week where you find out your 15, 10, and 5 RM giving a day of rest in between just like a normal HST week. Begin your SD after that for at least one week. If you are new to lifting and/or had lots of rest time before the RM testing week, then you can probably go straight into the cycle.

Check out the FAQ's forum along with all the stickies as that is where most of your questions will be answered.

It's hard to find your RM. I tried to find my 5RM yesterday. I did a little warmup with low weight and I tried to put more weight in way to did 5rep. Sometime I was able to make 10reps, so I wrote my 10RM, sometime I was able to did 4reps, so I ajust the weigth and wrote it as 5RM. But after my training I Had some 5RM, some 10Rm, some 15RM....

Can I do some extrapolation from this data to find missing RM? Or Should I do another training to find them?

It really isn't difficult at all. As I said, take seperate days to find your 15, 10 and 5 RM. If you are not new to lifting, you should have a good idea of what your RM's should be. If you are new to lifting all together, test your RM's for two weeks. There are also some nifty rep max calculators out there too, but I would never rely on them.

I find the rep calculators to fairly accurate , I use this one after finding 1rm on my own and so far have been pleasantly suprised at it's accuracy.I can easily find 5,10 and 15 rm with it.

http://www.hardgainers-home-gym.com/multirepcalc.htm

smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback. I've wrote up my first HST cycle. I'm not new to lifting, been training on and off for 4 years.

A    
Incline Bench Press
Squat
Wide Grip Weighted Pull-ups
Standing Shoulder Press
Tricep Extension
Weighted Ab Crunches

B
Weighted Dips
Dead lifts
Bent over Rows
Seated Shoulder Press
Bicep Curl
Weighted Ab Crunches

20 reps for 15s, 10s and 5s
Training Frequency – every other day (i.e. A, rest, B, rest, A, rest, B, etc, etc)
15s and 10s consist of 3 routine A and 3 routine B
5s consist of 6 routine A and 6 routine B

Most of us shoot for 30 reps per exersize, per workout. Regardless of the rep range, so that gives you 1x15 (I usually do two), 2x10, and 3x5. Seems to work best.

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 01 2007,11:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Most of us shoot for 30 reps per exersize, per workout. Regardless of the rep range, so that gives you 1x15 (I usually do two), 2x10, and 3x5. Seems to work best.</div>
Nice math!?

30 reps per exercise- 2x15, 3x10, 6x5. This is how I see it.
tounge.gif
rock.gif

What tha...? I gotta stop staying up all night playing around! My autopilot doesn't work very well in the best hours...
I meant to say around 30 reps per exersize, per workout, for the first rep range, the reps decreasing with weights increasing until the extra fives, where reps stay the same. Some guys can't do the 2x15 though.

See, I just left out a coupla words...
rock.gif
DOH!!! I'll shut up now.

Back